+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fight with girlfriend, she needs 'time'

Fight with girlfriend, she needs 'time'

I had a fight withmy girlfriend of a year and a half on her birthday. I felt like she was being rude to me all night, and she has a best guy friend who she wouldn't stop talking to and I felt really left out. In my drunken state I started becoming rude to her. We all decided to go from the bar we were at to a club and she said she wanted to ride with her guy friend. I was not happy with this and told her about it. I was also smoking which i told her I would stop doing. She got angry and stormed away to her girlfriends car. i followed her and we sat on the curb and talked. She cried and told me she didn't feel like I approved of her friendship with the guy, and the only reason she wanted to ride with him was because she thought something was bothering him and wanted to talk. I do approve of the friendship but in my drunken state i argued my point and said things I didn't mean. For the sake of the rest of the night we made up (kind of), she said she wanted things to go back to normal, and the rest of the night was ok. The next day I texted her an apology and she said she was over it but her guy friend still hadn't talked to her. The next few days I felt things were different and last night I told her i missed her. She said she didn't feel like she missed me and was not over what happened on her birthday. She said she needed time to think and heal from what happened. I sent a long text apologizing again and telling her I was here for her if she needed me and that I loved her. She never responded. I really don't know what I should do at this point and I need help, I don't want to lose her.

She asked for time to think, so all you can do is give her time to think. If you start pestering her you're just shooting yourself in the foot. My advice is to leave her alone for a few days, let her gather her thoughts. It will be tough, but its what you have to do.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley