+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How would you feel/what would you think...

How would you feel/what would you think...

If your partner sat down and spoke to you about honesty in a relationship?

Please be honest would this bug you/make you feel not trusted? or would you be happy that your partner has opened up about it? Would it push you away?

I have been cheated on and lied to in the past. This has got to me, made me a bit insecure and made me feel a bit depressed. My boyfriend knows about this.

I sat down and talked to him and said that I want him to be honest no matter what. It is important that he is happy and that I want him to be happy. I said that I want him to say if i make him un happy, he does not feel that things are working out or if I have done something to upset him. I said that this is important.

I really would appreciate your point of view on this. Thank you.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hm.. it would make me think my partner was insecure.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Talking about honesty briefly would be fairly normal.... a long drawn out discussion that occurs repeatedly would make me think the person was either insecure or cheating....

You have to relax and TRUST your partner. There are no guarantees that a person will not leave or cheat on you. All you can do is be the best person you can be, try to keep the relationship stable and healthy, and hope that will be enough.

You cannot control the other person nor request guarantees of their fidelity.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen