+ Follow This Topic

Thread: anger management

anger management

has anyone been through it or know anything about it? i'm going to start a 16 week course tomorrow evening. i hope it works.
    I got loaded last night on a bottle of gin
    And I had a fight with my redneck girlfriend
    But when I'm drinkin' I am nobody's friend
    Please baby wait for me until they let me out again

I saw the movie. Does that count?

I don't know anything about it, best of luck.
    Green!

it depends on the person. remember seen a post by a councilor who worked with men that lost control. the recovery rate is very low and you'll only change if you want to change. Not for some one else but for yourself which is the hardest part to recognize. he/she also said it will take a lot of time and soul searching for one to change.
    the time is usually 6month+ to many years. Its like rehabilitation really.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I saw the movie. Does that count?
    ha i forgot all about that movie. it had a few funny moments. but unfortunately that doesnt help me.

Quote Originally Posted by GK001 View Post
    it depends on the person. remember seen a post by a councilor who worked with men that lost control. the recovery rate is very low and you'll only change if you want to change. Not for some one else but for yourself which is the hardest part to recognize. he/she also said it will take a lot of time and soul searching for one to change.
    the time is usually 6month+ to many years. Its like rehabilitation really.
    well i am going voluntarily, not court ordered. i realize that i have a problem and if it doesnt help me get my girl back i just want it to help me in a future relationship so i never have to go through this again!!

Quote Originally Posted by ktm390 View Post
    well i am going voluntarily, not court ordered. i realize that i have a problem and if it doesnt help me get my girl back i just want it to help me in a future relationship so i never have to go through this again!!
    that's a good start. stay away...leave your ex alone. you dont want to fk up her life and yours if your not 100% in control of your anger. you really have to change if you dont want to end up depressed and die a lonely old man.
    If your still young then the possibility of a "blood change" is a lot more likely.

i'm 33. is that young or too old?

has anyone been through it or know anything about it? i'm going to start a 16 week course tomorrow evening. i hope it works.
    I have. I'm going to recommend that you do the full 52 week program, the 16-weeker is pretty friggin' useless. Too short to learn anything useful.
    Last edited by HeartIsAching; 08-02-11 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I have. I'm going to recommend that you do the full 52 week program, the 16-weeker is pretty friggin' useless. Too short to learn anything useful.
    shit thanks. i only found one place in the small town i live in that even does the class! im starting a new job next week maybe by the time the 16 week class is over i will have a car and maybe i can find a 52 week class in the bigger town that is like an hour away. i appreciate it. so did it help you??

shit thanks. i only found one place in the small town i live in that even does the class! im starting a new job next week maybe by the time the 16 week class is over i will have a car and maybe i can find a 52 week class in the bigger town that is like an hour away. i appreciate it. so did it help you??
    Immensely.

I will admit that I went because a judge ordered me to. I went thinking that I didn't belong there, but by about 1/3 of the way through I realized that I DID belong there, and I was really getting a lot out of it.

This isn't an instant fix - this is going to be an ongoing process for the rest of my life. I have the tools now to analyze why I react the way I do to certain things, and understand why other people do the things they do.

thanks that gives me some hope!! i did a couple classes last time i was locked up and it helped for a little while, so i know what you mean about it being an ongoing process. but i'm ready for it. kind of like a junkie says i'm sick and tired of being sick and tired, i'm ready to not be such an angry asshole. while i'll admit it was fun fighting and shit when i was younger, it has just caused too many problems and i'm ready for it to change.

i'm 33. is that young or too old?
    i'm talking about those 40+ man who has hit full maturity. getting them to change is ALOT harder then ppl in their early 20s or 30s. that's why i said it would take years.