+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He says i love you but im not so sure this time around....

He says i love you but im not so sure this time around....

Well i have been on and off for almost a year with this guy. About three months ago he got out of the navy and moved back to texas( Im in the navy too). Also three months ago he completely vanished on me, he just one day stopped talking to me and two weeks later he moved away without saying goodbye, I was heartbroken. Well back then we were saying "I love you" and this and that, and I cant really be sure that he really did love me only because he didn’t treat me very good and wasn’t a man of his word, and he knew he had me in the palm of his hand, and played games with me all the time. But Like I told him a few months ago" I hear you say you love me but I don’t see you acting like you do". So fast-forward about a week ago, Im starting to get back on my feet again and he calls me out of the blue!!!! He tells me that he is sorry for the way he treated me and leaving like he did and everything and that he truly did loved me and still does and he misses me, he said he was sorry for taking advantage of me, that he really appreciates me now and he wants us to be together again, he was pretty much saying ALL the right things, I was pretty shocked to hear from him and to hear him say these things, he really seemed sincere. I told him that I was willing to be just friends first and if things move forward between us or if we just stay friends than all is well. I tell him I miss him but that’s as far as I can go, I really do miss him because we have a great time together and we laugh all the time, and I miss that a lot and I still care about him, but as far as the relationship thing goes... I want to cuz I invested so much of my emotions into him but at the same time its hard to fall back into that cuz im scared of getting heartbroken. He is disappointed that when he tells me he loves me and I don’t say it back, like last night he texted me "I love you" but I didn’t know what to say so I didn’t reply and he got frustrated, and now he is ignoring me(yet again). I don’t want to just say it to make him happy, like it’s a polite thing to do. I sorta feel bad about not saying anything back but at the same time I keep thinking about all the times I cried cuz he stood me up or something and also with him dropping me like yesterday's garbage a few months ago. He really messed it all up and he knows that but I don’t know how serious he is this time around, and with him living so far away makes it more harder for me to believe he really will be able to commit to a real relationship. Plus a week of communicating doesn’t make it all better, talk is cheap to me now. What should I do????
    Last edited by sweetie23; 31-10-08 at 08:29 PM.

Don't trust him, Sweetie. He played games with you in the past and had no disregard for your feelings. Moving away without saying goodbye and dropping off the face of the earth is sketchy, irresponsible behavior, and now he is trying to wheedle his way back into your heart.

Regardless of what he says, I don't think people change that easily, and if they do, it is a change that happens over MANY years. Plus, he's far away, so why waste your time? Don't set yourself up for heartbreak again. I'd tell him he missed his chance if I were you. Do NOT feel bad about his feelings. He should have thought about yours when he treated you like crap.

Sorry, I have no sympathy for him and nor should you. I know you're asking for a male opinion though, so let's see what they have to say.
    Last edited by starbuck; 31-10-08 at 08:50 PM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Run for the hills. He's a disaster waiting to happen. He'll be a great story to tell during one of those girls' night out, "I used to date the weirdest guy" conversations but that's about all he's good for.
    Spammer Spanker