+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We love each other but he asked me to let go

We love each other but he asked me to let go

We have know each other for a few months now. We had always been real close friends and we acted almost as if we're together. He told me recently that he has feelings for me for quite a while now but he said that he wasn't ready to get into a relationship,to hold up the responsibilities and commitments. He had a really clingy and controlling girlfriend previously and he was sort of traumatized. He told me that he'll ask me when he's ready. I thought that it was okay to wait for him. After the confession, we were still really close, he cares more about me and i got myself falling deeper for him. Call it the girl'siinstinct, he tends to hold my hand for a while and drop them (point at something/use his mobile phone etc). I really don't know how long do i have to wait for him to be ready. I am really afraid that he'll bail out on this as time goes by and i fall deeper and deeper for him. Finally he realised that i was acting differently and kept on asking me what was on my mind. I was emotional at the moment and decided to tell him what's on my mind. He told me to stop waiting for him as he won't know when is he going to ever be readied. He didn't want to hurt me and said that i should not wait for him anymore. I was so hurt that had asked me to let go. It hurts me so much that he asked me to stop when he too have feelings for me. I know that this is hurting him as much as it's hurting me. I don't know how to talk to him anymore. I don't want us to stop talking. Why do we have to stop? We were so close and we have such feelings for each other. What can I do now? What can I do to mend to situation? I shouldn't have told him. I risked everything by telling him what i thought and I'm losing everything with him. Please, tell me what can i do...

He isn't ready yet. He told you to stop waiting for him because he thinks it will be selfish on his part to have you there waiting but the commitment is uncertain. It doesn't mean he likes you less.
    If you really want him, make a move and tell him. give him assurance. tell him you really want him to give your relationship a chance.
    It isn't wrong to make the move if you really like this guy. It would hurt more to let go and forget rather than try to give a relationship a shot.