+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what does music say about a guy?

what does music say about a guy?

always been curious as to what girls think of a guy based on the music they like.. theres gotta be some inner meaning to something like this.

for me, i like metal, rock, some alternative, rap, and the occasional rave techno

when i say metal and rock i DONT mean screamo. thats the most annoying shit ever, nor do i mean death metal. i consider somebody like slipknot metal <---

i tend to like rock and metal cuz i can really feel the energy in songs like that, iv got ADHD and that just "feeds" me so to speak.

so does this mean anything to girls?

I think, its not so much that girls read into the sort of music that guys like, but that they like guys that like what they like. One of the main reasons I like my current interest is that I would quite happily swap my iPod with his. Music is food for a lot of us - no matter how gray the sky is, music can make the clouds come and go - on your whim - I love it.
    Freck
    Love yourself first and be true to yourself. Be kind. Have confidence in your own advice - you are probably right. Freckle

A guy's taste in music has no bearings whatsoever on whether or not I date him quite frankly. He can like anything. If I don't like it, I'll just tell him to turn it down hehe.

For some odd reason, I find metalheads kind of sexy though.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

noh. i don't care about the music they like.
    what i care about is that the understanding between the two of us.

If he says he like metal, then go.
    music means nothing to me. i mean girls don't really don't based on the what music their bf like.

As long as it's not emo I don't care what they listen to. I absolutely hate emo, I can't stand it.

I like all music except emo. From country, to metal, to a bit of hip hop or rap.

anachronistic Guest
    My lover likes a lot of hip hop. I like some of it too, now. It opened me up to a music I thought I hated.

I used to judge people heavily by the kinds of music they listened to. Only recently have I realized I was too quick to judge people, and I did not take the opportunities to make good friends I could have had.

You can learn a lot about a person though, by the things they listen to.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    As long as it's not emo I don't care what they listen to. I absolutely hate emo, I can't stand it.

I like all music except emo. From country, to metal, to a bit of hip hop or rap.
    I don't like emo that much. Here's an 'emo' song that I do like though. Listen to it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTbOMtgsYdA"]YouTube - Early Sunsets Over Monroeville[/ame]

i like a guy who is open to many kinds of music.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't like music much, but lately when I do listen to something it's classical. The stuff I hear on the radio or in my friend's iPods sounds utterly tasteless and painful to my ears.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I don't like music much, but lately when I do listen to something it's classical. The stuff I hear on the radio or in my friend's iPods sounds utterly tasteless and painful to my ears.
    Sometimes I want to spank the luddite right out of you, Gribble
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I don't like emo that much. Here's an 'emo' song that I do like though. Listen to it.
    I really wouldn't even consider that the emo I'm talking about. Yes, it's an emo band. But the emo I'm talking about is the crap about hating life, cutting wrists, and how mommy and daddy ruined their life. And the screaming like little girls.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Sometimes I want to spank the luddite right out of you, Gribble
    Sometimes I want you to, too. The spanking, anyway.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

hows about UK HARDCORE... not the crappy US 'emo/hardcore' ... i mean MOTHER F*CKING HARDCORE!!!!!

[url]www.myspace.com/psydexuk[/url]
    ...judge not a book by its cover, nor the words by the pages on which they are written...

..."you can hold back form the suffering of the world and you have free permission to do so, and it is within your nature. but perhaps in this holding back, you have invoked the one suffering you could have avoided"...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu9wgxGPQ08"]YouTube - DJ KURT ROCK YA HARDCORE (HIXXY REMIX)[/ame]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zu9wgxGPQ08&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zu9wgxGPQ08&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    ...judge not a book by its cover, nor the words by the pages on which they are written...

..."you can hold back form the suffering of the world and you have free permission to do so, and it is within your nature. but perhaps in this holding back, you have invoked the one suffering you could have avoided"...

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    A guy's taste in music has no bearings whatsoever on whether or not I date him quite frankly. He can like anything. If I don't like it, I'll just tell him to turn it down hehe.
    So some women are still sane? good to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freckle View Post
    I think, its not so much that girls read into the sort of music that guys like, but that they like guys that like what they like. One of the main reasons I like my current interest is that I would quite happily swap my iPod with his. Music is food for a lot of us - no matter how gray the sky is, music can make the clouds come and go - on your whim - I love it.
    Freck
    You date someone because you can swap ipods with them? WTFBBQGAYMONKEYBATSHITCRAPFAWKINGHELLFLYCOCKMUCNHR ?!
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 17-09-08 at 04:15 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast