+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure what she is thinking at all!

Not sure what she is thinking at all!

Ok I met this girl a few weeks ago we talked for 2 weeks straight, then I got deployed, then I didnt hear from her for like a week. She says I am understanding and open with her. But that she is hesistant still, but its nothing I have done that has made her hesitant. Yet she is willing to do some consultant work for my family's company.

It seems that I have to iniate all the contact, she says shes too busy to respond, yet she feels knowing me has been surreal. I was wondering if she is playing games or she has someone else, or is she really confused about everything, since after we met, I got deployed. Should I ask her if she is maybe talking to someone else, just be there as a friend to her, or just leave her alone completely?

Thanks to all who respond!

You probably could do without romantic entanglements right about now, don't you think? If I were her, that's what I'd be thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    You probably could do without romantic entanglements right about now, don't you think? If I were her, that's what I'd be thinking...
    I agree with you but what exactly does she mean by what she said to me?

I couldn't say... it was rather cryptic, don't you think? It sounds like she likes you, but isn't willing to pursue anything with you for whatever reason. If I were you, I'd move on.

My drama to add to this saga. Yesterday the same girl told me the following:

Perhaps I am holding things up by being cautious and should just jump and go for it, but I have to make sure I’m not doing something I will regret. Of course I want to help you any way I can – and you are right, I think things would have been different had you not been deployed when you had because it would have given us more time. I don’t know how to reconcile my hesitation...I don’t know if you have any ideas. You shouldn’t be worried about any of this while you are over there. I wish I could just take over for you and tell you not to worry.

This is all rather confusing to me.

It just sounds like she is somewhat interested in you but does not want to be involved with a guy that is deployed.

Well it gets even more confusing. I asked her if she was seeing anyone and she said that shes not committed to anyone but yet a close friend of hers has been looking out for her alot recently. I am not sure if that means she and the other guy are just "friends" or more is going on and she does not want me to know. Any help from the females on here would be appreciated!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A woman who is interested in you will make an effort to stay in touch somehow. If she is blowing you off & making excuses, that is not a good sign.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    A woman who is interested in you will make an effort to stay in touch somehow. If she is blowing you off & making excuses, that is not a good sign.
    She does respond to emails and things, I was thinking of backing away and not emailing her, she does wish me well while I am in Afghanistan, but maybe thats just her being nice. I dont really know anymore, I am quite confused.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why would you do that? If you want to keep in touch, do so. Lots of ppl use email to stay in touch over long distances. Its what the telephone was 20 years ago.

But you ARE going away, so take firm hold of those expectations. Its not like she is under any obligation to wait for you, lol.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Honestly, I don't think it will work out until after you return. You had only been talking to her for two weeks and I don't see that being enough time for her to want to wait for you for a year.

Stay friends.. that's pretty much all that will happen.