+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Which of these two would you rather have for your birthday?

Which of these two would you rather have for your birthday?

The box set of your favorite tv show or an autographed ball from your favorite player?
    And also what kind of places would you like gift cards to?

Quote Originally Posted by meant to be View Post
    The box set of your favorite tv show or an autographed ball from your favorite player?
    And also what kind of places would you like gift cards to?
    Autographed ball, hands down.

Err.. are we talking for a boyfriend? Don't get your boyfriend a gift card. Guys don't like gift cards. If you want to be clever, make your own gift card for sex (if you two have an appropriate relationship for that) or for you to cook his favorite meal or something x number of times. Makes for a fun little game. But don't go to the store and buy your boyfriend or husband a gift card, we don't like them. I mean, maybe some guys do.. but.. my reaction is "wow, nice, I've been wanting to go there" while I'm thinking "that's really what she came up with? a giftcard? wow." Shopping of any sort has none of the appeal to us it has to you women.

Also a little half-secret, guys don't care how much money you spend on them. As a matter of fact, I (and a lot of my buddies are with me on this) don't like getting pricey gifts from my girlfriend. I'd much rather have something free that she put thought into and that's fun (ie the gift card thing, some kind of secret game between us, a cheesy football lamp that makes fun of me and I'll proudly display on my nightstand, etc.) But the autographed ball is an exception, that's a fantastic gift. Anything we can display as a guy thing we generally like. Anything our mom might get us, please.. please don't (and our moms send us gift cards.)
    Last edited by Gratedwasabi; 07-12-10 at 02:41 PM.

Agreed! The autographed baseball hands down. Gratedwasabi is right no gift cards, guys hate shopping, so stop thinking like a girl lol. You r BF would love it if you wore some new sexy lingerie for his Birthday.
    Last edited by smackie9; 09-12-10 at 11:26 AM.

i think men connect more deeply with sports.