+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's the difference between...

What's the difference between...

loving someone or liking someone?

The reason I ask this, is to me it feels like you could sometimes fool yourself into believing that you love someone, when in actual fact you only like them really much.

Hehe I know it sounds confusing, but it just feels that some people (and i supose women more than men) find it a lot easier to say: "I love you". To me it has always been this major thing. When someone says to me: "I love you" i just tend to reply: "uhm, me too". I don't think many people get it, but those are three strong words!

Personally I've never told a girl I love her. I supose imho I feel it's not fair towards the other person and yourself, when you are not 100% sure that you mean it.

So yeah, I'm actually just wondering if you can sometimes confuse being in love with someone, with having a crush on them. or who knows? Maybe i'm just to damn scared of using those words
    Last edited by idontknow; 10-12-04 at 03:23 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh there's definitely a difference. And if girls are more at liberty to use the word, than the guys have to be the ones that are more up tight about it. Imagine if everybody said 'I love you' when they felt like it? There'd probably be MORE divorces. 'I love you' is a four letter word, and should be used cautiously.

that i like someone but i am completely air for him
    and i need to drink now!
    More about me on homepage

there was one girl who pulled this shit with me all the time. they call her miss tease. she said i love you after like one week of knowing her. and then wehn i got pissed and sick of it, she said i love you like a friend. i was like wtf. some girls are crazy. she was like i love my friends, my boyfriends, and my family all in different ways. and i was just like this. family love for money and finance, boyfriends for sex, and friends for dickteasing! that shut her up quick. yea but your right. i dont like that crap either.
    awannn

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Oh there's definitely a difference.
    Yeah I know there's definetely a difference, but I was just wondering if you can sometimes confuse being in love with someone, with something else. (sorry this is the best way in which i can describe it)

Two Examples:

A. You go out with a girl for say 6-8 months, you feel like you love her, but at month 10-12 you can't stand her.. So did you really love her? or did you fool yourself?

B. A girl/guy cheats on you, but he still loves you (or so he/she says)

This brings about another question. Can you love someone, but still cheat on them or hurt their feelings intentionaly/unintetionaly ?

Hehe or who knows? maybe i'm just having an early-twenties-life crisis

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, if you've gotten it mixed up before, then I'd have to say yes, you can confuse the two.