+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What can I do? He thinks I'm better off without him

What can I do? He thinks I'm better off without him

My boyfriend is an incredibly emotional person, more so than any girl I know, and when he is hurt or angry he says things he doesn't really mean. He is very easily hurt.....
    And a situation arose where a third party intervened....a bitter guy who wanted me...and caused me to hurt my boyfriend through a terrible misunderstanding. My boyfriend said many cruel things....but as days and weeks passed I realised he wasn't angry at me anymore.....he regretted and felt so guilty for putting me through so much that he believed I was better off without him.....and so was trying to push me away to, as far as I can assume, spare me any more pain.

But the pain of him pushing me away is worse....just as worse as him telling me my love sickens him....

I love him more than anything....(cliche!)
    but I do not know what to do....

His excuse is that he is an emotional person and says things all the time that he doesn't mean, but he has to realize that this kind of behavior isn't okay and that he has to think before he says things. That is growing up. He's going to have to grow some thicker skin as well, because how you deal with things is a window into your character. If he can't handle what life throws at him, and his rebuttle is a temper tantrum and saying whatever horrible thing comes to mind, he's going to have a very long, hard life.

While he is staying away from you to spare you some pain, this is also an opportunity for him to work on his flaws and become a better person. Oddly enough, he cannot do that if all the bad behavior in the world still lands you in his life in the end. He isn't going to grow and I think the proof is in the pudding. You have to tough it out on your own not only for yourself, but for him as well. You need to be away from him as difficult as it is so those old wounds can heal and the hurt can fade. I know you feel terrible without him, but whenever he verbally abuses you, I'm sure you feel pretty shitty too.

Just curious how a bitter guy that wanted you put the final nail in the coffin on your relationship? Did you play a role in this?
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Yeah, what was the deal with the 'bitter guy' and the 'terrible misunderstanding'? Please do reveal!

We all say things in the heat of the moment that we don't mean and regret, I am prone to this 'illness' myself, sometimes our emotions just get the better of us. However, we usually realise this a few seconds after we have said them. If after a few weeks he is saying your 'love sickens him' then it's evident that he isn't ready to make any changes in his decision just yet. Space, that is the answer, as is in most cases. Give him time to dwell, time to think things through, let him figure things out for himself and don't push him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!