+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Texting

Texting

Really need a male perspective here.

My boyfriend and I have a pretty steady relationship. We've been together for almost 6 months. He moved about 45 minutes away a few months back, and we normally spend time together on the weekends. There are times during the week where he will go up to three days straight with no contact. No texting or anything. Is this because he just wants his space? Is he waiting for me to send the first text? Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks!

You need to ask him those questions, and you'll get your answer. Also, it can't hurt to text first from time to time.

I think girls, in general, want to communicate more often than boys, so you have to take that into account. What you are describing is nothing more than the difference between men and women and their communication styles. So if you want to hear from him, text him once or twice each day, but limit it to twice max, or he might freak out.

But you also have to tell him how it's important that you two maintain communication each day. Make sure he understands YOUR point of view, and try to find a compromise between the two of you.

It's not going to work if you don't tell him WHY you need more communication/texting.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

It's normal for things to settle down after awhile. The infatuation period is over and it's quite normal for communication, seeing each other and sex to come to a slow down. Remember distance makes the heart grow fonder. When you see each other you both will appreciate each other more. Don't sweat it.