+ Follow This Topic

Thread: does he want to date or not? is he really scared of commitment?

does he want to date or not? is he really scared of commitment?

I told this guy I owe him dinner because I felt bad that he waited in line for me and my friends to arrive for the One Republic concert and plus he stood in the wrong line and so I told him I will owe him dinner. I told him how about dinner this week and it's on me. he says that its ok and I don't have to owe him dinner, but I insist because I feel bad. he asked if i was hinting him and asking him out on a take or taking him out to eat. He said it was awkward that I am paying for dinner and I don't have a job and he does.
    I don't know how hard it is to just eat dinner and not treat it as a date. I always wonder if he wants to date me because he always brings dinner up. He always asked me if this is a date but yet he is the one who said "do you want me to take you out to dinner? does this sound like a date to you, I think it does." Another time, he told me he can take me out to dinner and it will be a nice dinner. He texted me to eat ramen with him and when he meant ramen it meant now and I wasn't ready, so I just said next time please tell me things ahead of time because I don't want to be his booty call and call me up whenever he wants something. I told him we can go at 12 but he wanted to go at 11 and it was 20 mins before 11.. So that day he treated me to the movies because he felt bad that he canceled and I was pissed and he knew I was pissed because I said whatever to him.

Well anyways, he told me he wasn't sure if I wanted to be with a guy like him because he sort of perverted and I said its fine. Lots of guys are perverted but it's how you make the relationship work if you really like someone I mean. He then said he has wandering eyes meaning he cannot commit. He likes to go out with multiple girls. So i was sorta pissed and I kinda ignored him the following day. he facebook chat with me on facebook since I was not on AIM and when I logged back on AIM, he messaged me and asked me what I was doing this week and I ignored him for like 20 mins and I just said Hi and he said ?? (i guess because I didn't respond to his question) He then said that he was thinking of ramen today and I just said lol... and then he said he had to sleep.

So since he said that if we I pay for him or if he pays for me, it will sound like a date... why is he mentioning about ramen? My friends thinks that he is trying to ask me out? Why does he always change his mind? it's so annoying... and why ask me what I am doing this week? -.-

I mean we been sending each other mixed signals and he been asking me if I was looking for a boyfriend couple times and so when I asked him he also says iono maybe and he said he's not sure if I want to be with a guy like him... it's so confusing even my friends says he's confusing... He still talking to me -.-

And The hell with that, if he goes out with multiple girls, I might as well go out with multiple guys like I did when I dated this guy. I mean we can just date and date other guys and not have to commit right away if that's how he want it./

Well you cant force this dummy to become the prince you read about in those fairytales as a little girl. So I suggest you stop wasting your time and meet a real man.

Seriously the guy sounds like an absolute twit. Who the hell needs that?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Seriously the guy sounds like an absolute twit. Who the hell needs that?
    Exactly my thoughts when i read this. Wow he sounds like a headache. Id just stop contacting him, he sounds like a complete idiot..Not worthy of any girl's time.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

I admire your ability to take initiative

Quote Originally Posted by iamminzy View Post
    he messaged me and asked me what I was doing this week and I ignored him for like 20 mins and I just said Hi and he said ?? (i guess because I didn't respond to his question) He then said that he was thinking of ramen today and I just said lol... and then he said he had to sleep.
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend, but you seem to suck at communication. Then again, so does he.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

He then said he has wandering eyes meaning he cannot commit. He likes to go out with multiple girls. /
    He has made it clear he is not looking for a committed relationship so if this is what you are looking for then you should stop wasting your time with him and with trying to figure out why he did this or that. He might make plans with you one minute and cancel the next one because he is not really that bothered or interested.He still has other girls that he dates so if he doesn't get what he wants from you when he wants it he'll just get that from another girl.Is this the type of guy you want in your life?

I mean we can just date and date other guys and not have to commit right away if that's how he want it./
    If you start dating do not expect that he is going to change down the line for you.He has made it very clear he is not looking for a girlfriend.When a guy is honest about this and you make the decision to be with him then you cannot expect him to change because he is not going to.So saying I'm willing to date casually and not get into a committed relationship 'right away' shows that you have the expectation that the casual dating will turn into a proper relationship at some point.The thing is, however, that this is not going to happen and he will keep seeing other girls either with your knwoledge or behind your back.That's just who he is, at least he is honest about it so either you accept that and you date him or you do not and you stop wasting your time with him.