+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is you take on this 1st date? Internet dating.

What is you take on this 1st date? Internet dating.

I went out with a "talker" tonight. Met her on the internet and she never let me get a word in edgewise. She says she is almost new to dating because of being in a LTR that ended last August.

It was hard to tell if she had a good time or not because she was all over the place from the get go and was awkward the whole time. It is in her nature, however.

Here is the IM she sent before I arrived home after the date.

Hey, hope you got home alright! I had fun, I got a little awkward saying goodbye, I'm new to this...kinda' weird for me! Anyway, I had fun, hope you enjoyed yourself a little bit! lol Well, gotta' go to blockbuster! Have a good night!

I am under the impression that I should look somewhere else and forget her. She was too much a firecracker but very good looking and seemed nice. A rarity around here.

My only reply to her was...
    talk to you later

To be frank, I live in Michigan and there is a serious scarcity problem here in mid-Michigan. I'd like to see where this goes but don't expect much.

Any suggestions on my next move? Should I be completely silent for a few days and wait for a reply?

She did say she was enjoying herself without my asking but I am not sure what is up with her.
    Last edited by Darren; 14-05-09 at 10:19 AM.

she was probably nervous
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

how old are you both if you don't mind sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Any suggestions on my next move? Should I be completely silent for a few days and wait for a reply?

She did say she was enjoying herself without my asking but I am not sure what is up with her.
    What! Be completely silent for a few days and wait for a reply? Where are the men that take the lead in "courting"? Maybe you are not really interested in her and shouldn't bother doing anything else with her.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

She said she was very nervious. At the end of the date I asked her what she though. If we should see each other again and she got very awkward. Didn't answer yes or no.

This whole thing is up in the air for me.

What do you think my next move is?

Like I said in my original post, there is a scarcity problem concerning attractive, tall women here due to the economy. Many people are leaving the state and a certain type are moving in. Some say there are other fish in the sea but not around where I am at! lol

edited out
    Last edited by Darren; 14-05-09 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemuffin View Post
    how old are you both if you don't mind sharing.
    I am 39, she 36. We both look a decade or two younger for our age. Both of us are lean in great shape.

Doubt she's going to respond to "talk to you later"

Sounds like you're not real interested though... so I would just leave it since you dont sound like you want to get toegther again anytime soon.

I am 39, she 36. We both look a decade or two younger for our age. Both of us are lean in great shape.
    Just asked for age, not what kind of shape you are both in, you goof.

:roll eyes:

But just for shits and giggles.. who do you think would win an arm wrestle contest?

:wink:

I am asking for advise, not critisism.

Many WOULD say stay silent and wait for her to reply to my message. Just trying to get different perspectives on this.
    Whoa, what happened to the quoting system?

Anyway. That was my advice Darren. If you are interested in the woman then take the lead. A nice lady usually does not want a man to ask her should they continue to see each other. He can state how he feels and then follow up with more dates and hangouts. It sounds to me that you are hoping that she does more than what she is doing now. She shows interests and is waiting on you to take the lead. If you keep this up she may lose interests in you.

Many quality women would not wait around for your indecisiveness.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Doubt she's going to respond to "talk to you later"
    Ok. Got you on that.

Should I send an IM saying something like "lets chat again tomorrow night?"

Sounds like you're not real interested though... so I would just leave it since you dont sound like you want to get toegther again anytime soon.
    I have a very high interest level in this woman. She seems to be my type and if I can get get her to relax a little things could turn out nice. We live an hour from each other but the distance is not a problem.

If you're interested.. yes def send her that.

Should I send an IM saying something like "lets chat again tomorrow night?"

I have a very high interest level in this woman. She seems to be my type and if I can get get her to relax a little things could turn out nice. We live an hour from each other but the distance is not a problem.
    Rather than just a chat, if you are highly interested in her another date would be better.

Take the lead Darren.

Consider it didded

My IM to her...

I did have fun tonight. Are you doing anything this weekend?
    Lets chat tomorrow night if you have the time.
    Good night, Becky.
    Last edited by Darren; 14-05-09 at 12:22 PM.

I should add that, like her, I am not very experienced in dating. Most people are surprised that I am not able to find someone but that is the way it is.

She is VERY good looking and is as just as nice. Even writes poetry. I don't want to goof this up and am a little nervous that I might blow my chances with her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast