+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can men be trusted?

Can men be trusted?

Hi,
    kfjsakdjasl dijds kldasdk ljsadkjd
    Last edited by hannahbell; 18-01-09 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbell View Post

We were blissfully happy for about 3 and a half years and then 6 months ago everything changed with a bang. He ended up betraying me and my faith in men is shot.
    Cannot hold all men responsible for the actions of one... that's no different than for a man to say all women are manipulative and heartless because one woman broke his heart. It's unfair, unreasonable, and quite frankly, doesn't really make any sense.

I did alot for him,
    financially supported him
    I believed that he was "the one"
    my efforts would eventually be repayed when I needed his support.
    It's a common mistake to believe that self-sacrifice equals love... and another common mistake to believe that self-sacrifice will be rewarded. Love is not about sacrificing everything for someone... it involves a balance in which both can have their needs met and grow as a person.

didn't want the pressure of having to financially support him anymore,
    he tried controlling me
    emotionally blackmailing me..
    he had emotional issues
    He was having a bit of a free ride at your expense... you were doing most everything for him.. so he was trying to force things back to the way they were... What leech wouldn't try?

believed that this man was special.
    thought he was loyal.
    thought I could trust him
    Sometimes we make mistakes... there are good men out there, but you have to learn how to sort the good from the bad.

unusual things sexually
    he has some sort of an unhealthy sex problem.
    Maybe you weren't that compatible after all?

I don't want to be messed up because of this.
    I don't believe that all men are perverts or that they all cheat.
    Don't allow yourself to ruin your chances at happiness later on because of being taken advantage by one man. You're right... all men are not perverts or cheaters... it will just take some time to learn how to recognize men with the qualities you want. So along the way, you may get your heart broken.

do men find it so hard to just be satisfied by one woman? Are they all doing things behind their partners back?
    Relationships have to be constantly maintained and the love reaffirmed... so at times men (and women too) may feel a little dissatisfied with their partner... but as long as both are compatible and willing to put forth the effort, then the relationship can be brought back on track and remain healthy.

No, not all men are doing things behind their partner's back. You know better than to believe this. Quite a few guys are fairly honest... just as quite a few women are fairly honest.
    Last edited by Aeradalia; 18-01-09 at 04:01 AM.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sure men can be trusted. We can be trusted to do and say whatever it takes to get into your pants.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You were, or are clearly naive.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/26633-description-shining-knight-syndrome.html[/url]

You sound like you tried to mother this guy, as a result the relationship was doomed to failure.

Now he clearly wasn't a quality person, but I think you should also look within yourself to see where you went wrong as well. Some people make the mistake of blaming the death of a relationship on the other individual and ignoring their own mistakes and shortcomings. I can already see based off of what you've written, that if you continue to try to nurture men into being what you want, you'll always be disappointed, and always resent men for something only you are responsible for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Sure men can be trusted. We can be trusted to do and say whatever it takes to get into your pants.

Not necessarily a bad thing... makes them highly predictable
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Men can be trusted. It's your judgment you can't trust.
    Spammer Spanker

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    maybe you just make bad choices with the men that you choose to be with.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...