+ Follow This Topic

Thread: From wanting to get married to being unsure about the future in a month.

From wanting to get married to being unsure about the future in a month.

I have been dating this guy, J, since July of 2012. Everything was going wonderfully until after I graduated. In May, he asked my parents for permission to marry me.

Two weeks ago, we got into a fight. I told him I wanted him out. It was pent-up feelings that were never addressed, but we both had a lot of frustrations and “complaints” that were building up and it finally exploded. He left for few days with a friend in Atlantic City. Came back two days later. The thing that hurts now, though, is that he’s not sure if he can see a future with me because of this scenario. Since then our relationship has been, overall, wonderful but he can’t commit to wanting to do this in the long-term because he’s worried that the changes he’s seeing are temporary.

I think I deserve to be with a person who knows if they want to be with me. I think after almost 2 years, it shouldn’t be a question anymore. Thanks.

How old are you guys?

If you just graduated school its too soon to be thinking of marriage. This is a perfect example. Youre level of communication with this guy has not developed....you learn these things as you get older and wiser.

Your hypocrisy is astounding. You tell him you want out, then get upset because he's not feeling secure with you anymore?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.