+ Follow This Topic

Thread: cyber romance

cyber romance

undefined
    hiya, im new to this forum im from China n i met my net guy who is from the UK on the internet...we've been together for half a year. im already addicted to him, but distance love is the hardest relationshop to keep...we haven't met
    anyone here can give me some suggestions on how to cope with the anxiety brought by the time and distance?? or anyone has a successful cyber romance?
    thx!!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    errr.. you haven't met him huh?? muhahaha...

so this is my new gf that i met online. she's from china and i told her that i was from the UK which i'm really not.

i don't understand how you can consider yourself to be in a relationship with someone, that you only met over the internet??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    i don't understand how you can consider yourself to be in a relationship with someone, that you only met over the internet??
    Why not ??
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

beware of cheaters!

so this is my new gf that i met online. she's from china and i told her that i was from the UK which i'm really not.
    i don't think one who has loved and been loved would cheat others that way.
    maybe not being able to meet him is kinda tragic, but cheating is even worse...

Id say its kinda hard :/ luckly for me im not that far away from her, only about 900km >_< but still i lover her, and we trust eachother...so far............
    Just a opinion

My aunt had a cyber relationship with this guy. He lives with us now. Anyway, they were "dating" for about 2 years over the net before he moved in with her. It can work, but it will take a lot of effort.

I suggest finding something you can do together online. Like a MMORPG or something similar. A game you both enjoy. Download a voice chat client too. It's nice to hear their voice and it saves on the phone bill.

If you are serious about him, try to play a trip to the UK to visit him for a week during the summer. See what kind of a person he is in real life cause we can be completely different people when we think we are just strangers in front of a monitor.

If it worked for my aunt it can work for you. Good luck.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    kirsty, to me it's all make believe until you actually meet them and conduct dates on a regular basis. i feel that if you don't meet this person that you say you're in love with, then the person could actually be playing you for a fool. i would never jump unless i knew i was gonna land on something concrete.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Thank you, theRealPsiPhi

There is a lot to think about and worry about when you are in a long distance relationship. Especially one of this magnitude. The two of you cannot see each other even monthly and that takes a toll on the relationship. The fact that you haven't met means nothing. You two can still have very strong feelings for each other and possibly love each other in time if you really get to know that person. It's hard though. Distance is a real killer. Some people can handle it while others can't. I am in a semi long distance relationship myself and I know that having to wait so long between visits is a real killer. I miss him terribly and the pain hurts me more then you could possibly imagine. You are probably better off that you haven't met him yet. This way, the internet is still enough. You want more but the internet is enough. Once you cross that line and meet him, everything changes. You'll miss them more and sometimes the internet is not even close to enough to sustain you. You want to physical contact but you can't have it. I guess that's when most people would consider cheating. I myself have never cheated on my boyfriend and never will. I can't even think about doing such a thing. Ok...Getting back to the topic at hand. Online/Long Distance relationships don't have a huge success rate but if you are both committed people, this is really what you think you want, and if you are willing to wait for each other, then go for it. The minute there are any doubts on either end, then you should worry. Until then, don't. My cousin met his girlfriend on the internet, moved half a country away to be with her and now they are getting married. I met my current boyfriend on the internet (we were friends online for 2 and 1/2 years prior to meeting) and we are still going strong. We love each other dearly and there really isn't much that could break up a relationship as strong as ours. There are plenty of success stories out there so don't be discouraged but just be aware that there is a good chance this will never work out the way you want it to. Just have faith and stay strong and all your hopes and dreams could become a reality one day. Stay strong and good luck. If you need someone to talk to, we are all here to support you. Even Illusional...in his own sick and twisted little way.

"We can live like Jack and Sally if we want.
    Where you can always find me
    And we'll have Halloween on Christmas
    And in the night we'll wish this never ends
    We'll wish this never ends..."