+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: he wants sex and i want to sleep

he wants sex and i want to sleep

as we all may know, male and female have different sex drive. but how do we really manage the differences? I find myself wanting sex less frequent than he does. and he often feels rejected when I say that I'm tired. From time to time, he would actually throw a big fuss about it. So, i wanted an extra 30 mins sleep?! ended up staying up for couple of hours fighting. I've tried different ways of saying no; but i don't think he can ever understand. Any advice on what I can do? or how i can say no?

yuck. a man who gets upset and has a fit because you're not in the mood for sex. that is my number one turn off. having a cow and fighting with you is not the way to get you to want to have sex. if a guy was like that with me i'd never have sex with him again, because i would always feel like i HAVE to do it. yuck.

i feel the same way as misombra does about this.

the more this happens, the less you'll find yourself wanting sex.
    "Ogres are like onions."

how old is this person?

i actually dated a guy that got mad because i didn't want sex at that moment. it was our demise. we never had sex again after that.

i told my current boyfriend that and you know what he said (warning: super sweet)...

"i would be happy enough just to wake up next to you in the morning."

so we have age differences (i would hate to think that this is the reason) I'm 24 and he's 20. I don't think I'm old to the point where I don't have sex drive so, his conclusion is that he's going to have to reduce his sex drive or take care of himself.
    And I agree, sometimes I can't help but feel that I have to. Unfortunately, not every woman has a man who's happy enough to just wake up next her.

but at his young age, he just has a much stronger drive, you know? he's going to have to relieve himself, and there's really nothing wrong with that. he just can't expect you to relieve him all the time.

yea, 'sombra! I think a man that can say that is the sweetest thing in the world!!!

and that's why I'm still in the rut.
    "Ogres are like onions."

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    just lay there and relax ... jk ... i used to get that a lot ... he'll get over it ... buy him something to get addicted to ... like a video game or somethin' ...

this is going to sound foolish, but i never played computer games and then my friend let me play Counter-Strike back in '01 ... i was hooked and even rejected sex a LOT because I was so addicted (that and I was with the same girl for like 2 yrs already) ... is it sad? yes, it is ...

Okay ... that was my post for the week ...
    gnite ...
    Last edited by tooxshort; 14-06-05 at 02:19 PM.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Why are you with someone that you do not want to have sex with?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Well, how often ARE you willing to have sex with him, and how often is he approaching you? Is the problem simply the time of day, or is there a real gap in the amount of intimacy you both wish to have?

he wants it on daily basis. I can probably provide 3 times a week. is it age or isn't there some sort of sex addict syndrome? the problem isn't want or not want. it's the different level of sex drives.

he's got video games on the side. funny that you mentioned but he actually would go to video games when he's pissed that he didn't get any.

I dont know about all that, about difference in sex drives. Im willing to bet that sex with this guy isnt something to brag about. Do you orgasm often? Do you really enjoy it, or do you sit there waiting for it to be over? I might be out on a limb here, but sexual chemistry is a pretty big part of a relationship. When i was younger, i didnt think it was, but it really is.

If he's 20 and you are in your 20's, this could indeed be an issue of sex drive. Women hit their peaks in their 30's, men in their 20's. In 10 years he'll be all petered out, and you'll be wishing he was 20 again.

Maybe you should consider talking to him when you are not in the heat of the moment. Set some sort of guidelines before he is approaching you. You wouldn't want him to feel you are rejecting him daily, right? It could be hard on his ego...

Yea. Whats the age gap?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Yea. Whats the age gap?
    so we have age differences (i would hate to think that this is the reason) I'm 24 and he's 20.

ok. I missed that. I have ADD. ::starts chasing a balloon::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast