+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting to the next step

Getting to the next step

So, on Halloween I decided to party hop with my friends. We ended up at this one party and stayed there for about 3 hours. Anyway, there was this one cute girl that was dressed in a sexy nurse's outfit and I noticed her when I walked-in. I tried to make eye contact, but she never looked my way.

Anyway, a little later, I was sitting on the picnic table talking to a buddy of mine and this guy asked me for a cigarrette so I obliged. And then a couple other people decided to bum off me as well and I got a little miffed. Then the nurse and her friend came up and tried to bum one too. I gave them one and made the remark jokingly that I should start charging for them. To which her friend reached down into her boobs, grabbed a dollar, and put it in my pocket. Long story short, I started to talking to the two of them. Playing it casual. And they went off into the house and I stayed outside with some other people.

Later on as I was grabbing a beer out of the cooler I noticed her standing there. So I went and started up a conversation, I had her laughing the whole night and managed to sneak in a few compliments and mentioned how I wish I had a nurse as cute as her when I was in the ER (have a nice scar on my thumb that I she saw also). So, we were standing there and then I was like hey, I'm going to add you on facebook. So I got out my iPhone and gave it to her and she typed herself in. I talked to her a little more and then left. Got on the next day, she accepted.

About a week went by and I had found out that I had been accepted to A&M and posted it in my status message (it's what we do here). About 4 people congratulated me and she was one of them. So about a week later, a couple days later I started talking to her on facebook chat. Didn't talk more than 15 minutes though and then I ended it saying that we should chill soon. And she said yeah, definitely.

So, as of right now, I'm interested in pursuing it and seeing where this goes. I also haven't spoken to her in a week. The local Greek Festival is next weekend and I would love to take her, it would give me a chance to take her somewhere she has most likely never been before and allow her to experience Greek culture. I think this would be a great first date. (Ladies, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

The only problem is, I don't have her phone number. The kid's house that we partied at, I didn't even know. I went there with some friends of mine and we usually don't party with those people. She's a sophomore and I'm a senior, but in actuality I'm only a little over a year older than her. I have a late birthday, she has an early one, so the age isn't an issue.

Back to the phone number thing. She does have her number listed on her facebook page but I feel that it would be rather rude to just call her up and say hey, it's me. I just got your number off of facebook. I can't wait until I see her again in person because, quite frankly, I don't know if I will. What's my best approach? Hope to see her again and get her number then? Just call her from her number on facebook? Or talk to her on facebook chat and try and get her number then?

Thanks in advance for the help and advice and sorry for the long post.

Souvlaki! That's the only greek I know

I'd might be biased against internet stuff (online dating, only "talking" to people via IM/Facebook e.t.c) , but I'd definitely advice you to call instead. Makes it more personal, a bit trickier for her to say no and you can keep another plan as a backup to put forward straight away if she's not able to make it due to other commitments. If you made an impression (and she wasn't drunk out of her mind) at the party she should remember you fairly well.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Send her a message on her Facebook asking if it is okay to call her, and asking if you can call the number posted. And BTW - I think if you like this girl, you shouldn't let quite so much time lapse between contacts. She will likely interpret this as disinterest.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Lipp - Souvlaki, Loukoumades, Kourambiedes... all of that will be served at the Festival

Vashti - Thanks. That's what I'll do. In the message should I hint about going out this weekend or just keep it simple.

Also, the reason I wanted to stay a little distant is because I'm working on not getting stuck in the friend zone. I'm trying to find that good balance between talking too much and not enough, but thanks for the advice. I guess I need to talk to her on a more frequent basis.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess you could tell her you want to ask her out, and can you call her at the number posted? That way, if she isn't interested in dating you, you will have saved yourself a phone call.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yep, messaging her first before calling her listed number would be a much more polite way of going about it. And it shows that you're not trying to be intrusive ... and it'll let you know whether or not she just added you as a courtesy.

Good luck!

BTW - is "TheGreek" a reference to "The Wire" ? Aside from really being Greek.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Congrats on finding someone new Greek! All's looking good.

Keep us updated.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

If it were me in this situation it would be a simple message as, "hey was wondering if you'd like to go to *insert place* this *insert date*?

If she responds yes respond with something like.

"Cool, here's my number just in case you get lost or need anything...was wondering if I could get yours as well?"

Play dumb like you didn't notice her number on her page. It's worked for me once, plus it saves you the need of having to call her, haha .

So, what do y'all think is my best bet for putting in the message. These are what I'm thinking:

1. Hey. I was wondering if I could get your number from you so I can give you a call some time?

OR

2. Hey. I was wondering if I could get your number from you so we could get together this weekend?

What do y'all think?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I guess you could tell her you want to ask her out, and can you call her at the number posted? That way, if she isn't interested in dating you, you will have saved yourself a phone call.
    OK. Thanks. I'm going to send her a message tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    Yep, messaging her first before calling her listed number would be a much more polite way of going about it. And it shows that you're not trying to be intrusive ... and it'll let you know whether or not she just added you as a courtesy.

Good luck!

BTW - is "TheGreek" a reference to "The Wire" ? Aside from really being Greek.
    Yeah, I'm going to send her the message. I'm pretty sure she didn't accept out of courtesy because I added her and then she accepted. And then she congratulated me on getting into my #1 college.

And no, it's not a reference to The Wire. Is it a good show? I've never watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Congrats on finding someone new Greek! All's looking good.

Keep us updated.
    Thanks Mish.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    If it were me in this situation it would be a simple message as, "hey was wondering if you'd like to go to *insert place* this *insert date*?

If she responds yes respond with something like.

"Cool, here's my number just in case you get lost or need anything...was wondering if I could get yours as well?"

Play dumb like you didn't notice her number on her page. It's worked for me once, plus it saves you the need of having to call her, haha .
    In all honesty, I don't really mind talking on the phone. I'm a pretty good conversationalist. Also, I see it as kinda impersonal to ask her out over the internet. It's kinda like using a text message to ask her out. I am going to play dumb though and act like I didn't see her number. But thanks for the tips bro.

F that, just tell her you will pick her up and take her out. Jeez not that hard.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    #1, definitely ... Make vocal contact first and then start setting up a date. At least she can talk to you a bit more and decide whether or not she wants to go out with you. Plus, you'll get less of the "getting to know you" type of conversation and be more knowledgeable of what she likes.
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Little update for y'all:

I sent her the message last night. She replied tonight saying, "yeah of course" and gave me her number. I'll be calling her tomorrow to set something up for the weekend.

For future reference, just call her. I have my number on facebook too and therefore find it weird when people ask for my number (esp. through facebook, since it's Right. There.) The reason I post it is so they know where to get it when they need it.

I'm not sure if taking her somewhere she's totally unfamiliar with as a first date is necessarily a good idea. I know I'd feel somewhat out of place and uncomfortable, and you certainly don't want the location of a date to make her uncomfortable from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by electricity View Post
    I'm not sure if taking her somewhere she's totally unfamiliar with as a first date is necessarily a good idea. I know I'd feel somewhat out of place and uncomfortable, and you certainly don't want the location of a date to make her uncomfortable from the get-go.
    Really? I figured it would be fun and different. I'd be able to show her a little bit of my culture.

And it's not like it's a weird place. You basically just walk around. Get all kinds of delicious Greek food. There's a gift shop where you can look around at all types of cool stuff. And then, there's the traditional Greek style dancing which is quite an entertaining show. You really don't think this would be a good date idea?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it's a good idea. You're doing something out of the ordinary and making yourself stand out. She'll probably always remember you for it. Anyone can do dinner and a movie. The Greek festival thing sounds like perfect timing. Have fun!
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast