+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like this girl, could she like me back?

I like this girl, could she like me back?

Hey everyone, I have a crush on a girl from school. We share the same final project, so we see each other a lot in schooldays.

I told her that I liked her a month and half ago. And she told me "I'm sorry I can only see you as a friend, maybe you are confused, you recently broke up from a very serious relationship..."

And it's true, my exgf goes to the same school and we see each other a lot. We are friends, and she sometimes give me advices on how I should act with this new girl. She gets sad, but really controls it very well, she tells me that she would do anything to see me happy, and if that involves me being with another person she will learn to accept it. At first she insisted in getting me back, but I already had a crush on this other girl.

So, time went by and I have been trying to talk more to this new crush. We do actually. But, she is the same even after I told her that I liked her. She is a very sweet girl, very social, and has a lot of boy friends. So the other day I saw her with a guy, they where just flirting. But I got really pissed off so I left. I went with my exgf and told her what I just saw. She just told me to stay relaxed, to quit thinking about it.

There was a party the other day in which I was expecting to tell my crush that I liked her even more, so that she could think about us more clearly. But, she didn't look for me in the party. She left early, I left almost inmediatly. I called my exgf to tell her if she wanted me to come by (she was at another party) and she told me she was really good in there, so I went home.

When I arrived, I called her and told her what happened. She again, told me "You are getting pissed off for nothing, if she's not into you, she's not into you, why be so sad"

And I know that, but I can't let go off this feeling.

The day after I invited my exgf to my house to watch movies (yes, only that), we later talked about my problem.
    I told her that I had written a love song and send her via whatsapp, and she asked "What did she respond?"

I told her "nothing".

She just ignores my love comments.

I think she is rejecting me because I still talk to my exgirlfriend. But I'm very secure and I know that my actions dont demonstrate that I like her as I like my crush. I let go of that feeling for my exgf. I only treat my exgf nice when we are alone, and she accepts it. She understands that I need to keep my distance with her infront of everyone else.

What do you think?

I think you should stop talking to your ex about girls you currently like. Talk to any one, family, friends, even strangers like here online but not your ex ever again. She is the wrong person to confide in, imo and yes, if the new girl knows you spend this much time with the ex and are this personal still it could be a issue.