+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakup question for men

Breakup question for men

Why do men split up with women by texts dudes by saying we are over don't contact me again!?

Scared or they are a weasel. If you are one angry nasty female they might do it to avoid the drama but if not they are afraid to face the consequences of their actions. A lot of guys do not like emotional situations so they avoid them. You might be lucky because I know that many of my in person breakups turned into love sessions after she started getting emotional. Not exactly giving the message I had intended.

But it is very poor taste to text a breakup note. I guess it is a modern form of the dear john letter.

Because we're raising a society in which conflict is considered "bad" and that we should avoid it at all costs. Pretty much either you're psychotic and he fears you're going to kill him, or he's just an immature pussy who doesn't have the balls to tell you face-to-face.

Then again, I view people who handle personal issues via txt message as likely suffering from intimacy issues. It's far more sanitized when you just txt something. Doesn't require you to feel it, it isn't reflected in the 'voice' of your fingers. It's just... Hollow.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Perhaps my #1 pet peeve. I've never felt so small than when once someone said they didn't want to see me any more via email. It's insulting, small, unfair, and stupid.

Or maybe they just don't give a shit, in which case a text saves the hassle of meeting up.

Because they want to avoid hearing your nagging voice that caused them to leave in the first place.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think you meant for this question to be answered by "boys". men don't do the same bullshit that girls do.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Whenever this happens, it should be a great relief to a woman. She should think, "Phew, I had no idea he was such a prick! I'm so lucky he's gone now! And I don't even have to speak to him again!"
    Since time began
    the dead alone know peace.
    Life is but melting snow.
    --Nandai

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty View Post
    Why do men split up with women by texts dudes by saying we are over don't contact me again!?
    Some women are very emotional and bring about unnecessary drama... sending a text message avoids a lot of emotion and drama. On some occasions a guy may do this because he is very insecure or cowardly... but most of the time, it will be because the woman is very unreasonable and difficult to deal with.

Most guys don't mind telling you it's over in person --- if you are fairly reasonable and mature (if he knows you won't destroy his car, call his new girlfriend, stalk him.. etc.. etc.. ).
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

A guy who breaks up by texting you is not only a coward, but also someone who deep inside doesn't know how to communicate properly and therefore feels a text is the best way to get the message across. he thinks that the text will solve things perfectly, and then he can move on and meet knew people. But that will not change the fact that he is still a coward.

I think to break up with someone in person is not only important for your own self-respect, but it is also important for the person you are breaking up with. i know it is difficult, as i have been through the situation, but i think it is best to just meet in person, and talk frankly about breaking up, therefore, both you and her know the situation, and you better have the balls to tell her you want to break up. because i think that is the hardest part, when you know she will be upset, but in the long run, i guess it is important to realize that she will be okay, and at the time, it is better not to be a coward by sending a text to break up.

i understand, that some guys may fear revenge from the women they dated, but i still think it is better to see them in person, tell them clearly why you feel the way you feel, and that you want to move on. later on, maybe you would still like to be friends, maybe not, but these things should be discussed in person. i'd HATE to be dumped via an email or text, i'd feel used and abused (not that i mind.. lol)

anyways, that's just my 2 cents!

merry xmas

Either you really made him mad, or he's being defensive because he is afraid of your reaction.

He's trying to disassociate his feelings from the break up by not having to see your reaction. This is an act of self preservation, psychologically.

Once again - unless you REALLY made him made or he is naturally a cold hearted pig.
    no links in the signature please.

he probably decided he never wanted to see or speak to you again, it may have nothing to do with courage or intimacy issues at all, he just simply made a decision and that was that. he probably didn't want to give you an opportunity to say anything more about it, case closed

sorry
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by Bokonon View Post
    Whenever this happens, it should be a great relief to a woman. She should think, "Phew, I had no idea he was such a prick! I'm so lucky he's gone now! And I don't even have to speak to him again!"
    That's one way to look at it. The other, less self-gratifying, is that all the good times you had, all the nice things he said/you said were lies/didn't mean sh*t, didn't even gain enough respect to have you treated proper.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    he probably decided he never wanted to see or speak to you again, it may have nothing to do with courage or intimacy issues at all, he just simply made a decision and that was that. he probably didn't want to give you an opportunity to say anything more about it, case closed

sorry
    True, but in my op, a real man says what he has to say, face to face, one last time.

^^^ surely if he breaks up with her by text then obviously he wouldn't have bothered having any good times with her if he wasn't interested, so OP take the good times for what they were: good times.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast