+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She didn't reply to my last text. Should I move on right away?

She didn't reply to my last text. Should I move on right away?

Backstory:

I am a recent graduate and she is a senior from a different college.

-Met her through a social networking (non-dating) phone app

-Been sending messages back and forth, she's been very responsive.

-On Monday, I had to go to her campus to meet a friend of mine, so I said I would go say hi to her. She agreed to that. I gave her my number and told her to text me if anything. She texted me that morning to sort of confirm the meet up and I ended up having her number. We met for the first time on that day to have a quick conversation and she seemed to like me (unless I was just misreading her body language).

-On Wednesday, I decided to shoot her a text. I asked her if she's free to grab a snack this weekend. Got no reply.

I feel like I've been getting mixed signals. Everything seemed positive other than the fact that she ignored my last text. Is it time to move on?

has she seen what you looked like prior to your first meeting ?? maybe she was not physically attracted to you

You don't get a vibe until you meet in person. Even if they don't like you they are not going to respond negatively, no one likes confrontation. You don't hear from her this weekend, move on.

if she hasn't answered by now she doesn't sound interested, it has already been 2 days with no reply. I'd give it a couple more days and if still no response, forget about her

If you only sent one text since the last response, I would say send one more general text like hey how is your day going. I've had texts not get to others sometimes. Look for a response... if still nothing move on.

Send her another text today, ask her if she's still interested in grabbing a bite to eat this weekend. If you don't get a reply back, then you know.

I agree with sending one more text. I've also had texts get lost in cyberspace.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1984 View Post
    has she seen what you looked like prior to your first meeting ?? maybe she was not physically attracted to you
    Yes, she has. The social app kinda works like facebook so there are profile and album photos on it. I don't post deceiving pictures so its not like I showed up looking 5 years older and 30 pounds heavier. Haha.

Lol. Gotcha,, then not sure man.. Send her a text again

Hey guys, thanks for your input.

Update:

She sent me a text back but it was't a yes.

When a girl says that she can't without trying to reschedule, is it always safe to assume that she's not interested?
    Last edited by Sonnen; 03-03-13 at 07:15 AM.

Dont waste your time. If she was interested she would have said "sorry I cant as I have plans already but Im free Monday"...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnen View Post

Update:

She sent me a text back on Friday night. The text exchange looked a little like this:

(Wed evening) Me: "Hey what are you up to this weekend? Let's go have some ___ together."
    (Fri late night) Her: "Sorry for the late replyyy. I can't this weekend. Hahaha ___ yeye."

When a girl says that she can't without trying to reschedule, is it always safe to assume that she's not interested?
    You seem to know the drill........

Yeah dude I'm sorry. As a girl, I would have said I already have plans but how about this day. Sounds like she said no without saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnen View Post

Update:

She sent me a text back but it was't a yes.