+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forgotten how to cry...

Forgotten how to cry...

Okay, I am not lucky in love and so I often to suffer from heartbreak or something similar...

Now when I was younger I was known as a crybaby and I was, and so over my teenage years I just taught myself not to cry at anything and now I've forgotten how to cry...

The problem with this is that crying is such a vent that can help you get over certain troubles, but now I feel like I am bottling them in. I feel like I am about to cry and begin welling up, but the tears never come out...it feels like something scratching my eyes...

I have spent the last two years trying to remember how to cry but I have had no luck...has anyone been in a similar situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Okay, I am not lucky in love and so I often to suffer from heartbreak or something similar...

Now when I was younger I was known as a crybaby and I was, and so over my teenage years I just taught myself not to cry at anything and now I've forgotten how to cry...

The problem with this is that crying is such a vent that can help you get over certain troubles, but now I feel like I am bottling them in. I feel like I am about to cry and begin welling up, but the tears never come out...it feels like something scratching my eyes...

I have spent the last two years trying to remember how to cry but I have had no luck...has anyone been in a similar situation...
    You don't forget how to cry. You just work on making sure you don't. I do the same thing.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I haven't cried in ages either, I think the last time was 3 years ago when my grandpa almost died but I can't remember

But I found for myself, and I think this holds for a lot of guys, is that as you get older you kind of outgrow crying naturally. I felt like it was a pretty natural transition when I realized I didn't tear up at things. I have a feeling that without forcing yourself to hold back you would have arrived at the same place to some extent

Personally I just get kind of glum and tired at sad things that would have made me cry as a kid

I haven't cried in a little while, but there's been a few times in the last year that I have teared up. Each time was when I was having to leave my gf for another month. I think everyone needs to be a little teared up every now and then.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think it's healthy to never cry. I read a study somewhere that said crying once in awhile is actually a natural stress reliever.

You men are stressing yourselves out to try and mold your self to some macho image. I wish you'd stop it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

If you're a guy, and you don't cry but for when you're faced with losing someone very special to you (death, significant other leaving, etc), you're probably like 95% of the other guys out there. Whether it's good, bad, unhealthy, wimpy, too-aloof or whatever, I think it's basically status quo.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I don't think it's healthy to never cry. I read a study somewhere that said crying once in awhile is actually a natural stress reliever.

You men are stressing yourselves out to try and mold your self to some macho image. I wish you'd stop it.
    No, women just don't know what it's like to be a guy

Why would someone try to make themselves cry for no reason other than to see themselves cry?

I am a relatively easy crier. I consider it a weakness, and I wish I had better control of it (although I manage OK in public). Thank god I am female so I can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I have spent the last two years trying to remember how to cry but I have had no luck...
    Have you tried cutting onions? Do you cry then?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4nsI02gnUk"]YouTube - Dane Cook-Crying[/ame]

I was brought up thinking that crying was a weakness. My family taught us to not cry and I haven't cried since I was a small child. All through adolecence I did not cry. I have NEVER seen my mother cry and think it would probably destory me. A very sensitive and caring man actually taught me a few years ago that it was okay to cry. It is one of the best life lesson I have learned. It is not a weakness to cry in privacy. Now, I probably cry too darn much but interestingly I am much much happier letting out my emotions in privacy than when I held them in. I feel better now even when I am sad, if that makes sense. I think holding in your emotions is what leads to depressions and other emotional issues. Don't ever hold it in...just don't do it in public unless you really have to. I admire a man that understands and expresses his emotions.
    Last edited by lesa; 17-07-08 at 01:33 PM.

I see absolutely no reason to fight crying in privacy. If you feel like crying you're probably stressed about something, and crying is a great stress reliever. I'm not ashamed to admit I do cry.

But only when it's for significant reasons.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't understand why people see crying as a weakness. I think an inability to admit to feeling emotion is a weakness.

I don't think people should cry at every small thing that happens to them, and definitely not in public. But if you are alone and are dealing with something truly sad or stressful in your life, it's healthy to cry. Holding it in is NOT healthy. It compounds your anxiety.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

God damn why is Dane Cook just not funny anymore. His first shit was brilliant and than BAM...he sucks.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I agree bluesummer. The inability to admit emoton is a weakness to me. It is also a sign that the person is not completely emotionally stable...and I need to avoid them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast