+ Follow This Topic

Thread: can someone help..

can someone help..

Ok so three months ago My girlfriend and I broke up. I tried everything to get her back. I chased her for almost a year before we finally realized how much we truely cared about one another. The Night i met her i fell head over heals over the next 3 months we became best friends...then we decided to dated 6 months later. Well after 8 months of dating we broke up because we were arguing and stuff.... Well for 2 months i held on to her and wouldnt allow myself to meet other people just hoping she would come back and we could work our problems out cuz mainly i thought she was my soul mate. Well about a month ago i met this girl and we've been seeing each other. She is everything i've ever wanted in a woman. She's sweet, caring, she cook actual meals instead of from a box, she's clean...we are so compatible on every level its crazy. Not to mention we have the best time when we hang out. But i cant get my ex off my mind. I think about her all day and all night just like i did before our break up. Now i know there is no chance in us getting back together because we are 2 different people. How come i cant be 100% happy with the new girl? Like i said she has every quality i've ever looked for in a girl, i finally found it ,but i cant get the ex off my mind to be happy enough to actually settle down. Any advice or anything will help!! thanks for your time!

It's normal to take a while to get over someone that you were involved with for an extended period of time. I don't think you waited long enough before entering a new relationship. You held on to your ex until you met this girl, and I don't think that is conducive to a healthy relationship. You needed to get over your ex and not need to hold on to her before starting another relationship. This strain will probably end up ruining your current relationship.

And stop moving so damn fast. You don't fall head over heels for someone the first day you meet them.

When I read posts like these I can't help but wish that my ex has the same haunting thoughts of me. Buahahahhahaha

well in my case i did fall head over heals for her..because she was a friend of a friend and we all went to the beach together so we spent alot of time together...maybe an attraction at first sight. And yeah i know i wasnt ready to start a new relationship and as of right now me and the new girl are just friends. One of the reasons i'm not in a relationship with her is because of my ex and i dont want to hurt anyones feelings so we keep it simple just hang out, swim, shit like that!

I guess since i haven't been in a long relationship in almost 5 years i forgot what it takes to let go of my ex and move on with my life.. It also doesnt help at ALL that she is friends with all of my friends so i have to see her if i want to see my friends.