+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He has not deleted me as "friend" on Facebook - why not?

He has not deleted me as "friend" on Facebook - why not?

Hi everybody
    As the title says my question is why this guy hasn't deleted me as Facebook"friend". We dated this spring but when I told him that I had to move pretty far away due to a job I had got, our contact faded away. I will move back to town later on, but it was as if the distance made him feel that he didn't want to put any "investments" in a relationship. I don't know how he really felt about it because I got the feeling that he didn't want to talk about it... Anyway, he hasn't deleted me as a "friend" on facebook and I really wonder why. The reason why I haven't deleted him is because I actually still would like to have a relationship with him, I didn't want it to end just because I had to move temporarily. But I percieved him to be less interested, and that's why I don't understands why he hasn't deleted me from FB. Once I wrote a pretty harmless (in my opinion anyway) comment on his wall but a few weeks later he deleted it!
    I know that these thoughts sound really childish.... but I still wonder how these guys think. He's 28.
    Anyone got a clue?

Honestly, I don't think this man is very aware of the fact that you are still among his facebook friends, or he doesn't feels like going through the trouble of deleting you.
    If he does deletes your posts, then he probably doesn't cares or is ashamed for some reason. However if he truly was ashamed, then he'd delete you.
    I have an ex who refuses to talk to me when we go out with the same gang of friends, but he didn't delete me on facebook either. Please don't search to much behind it, it might get you hurt.

Just because you guys didnt work as a couple, theres no reason for him not wanting to be your friend. There are people that dont know how to handle a long distance relationship, sometimes for fear or because they dont wanna get hurt.
    If you have hope towards him, talk to him about it, explain the way you are feeling. If he does care about you, it can take the time it takes, you guys will be together, but if he doesnt want to, he will simply say it, wether he deletes you or not. Deleting you or not from facebook has nothing to do with the fact he wants or not to be with you.
    Good luck with everything