i was going to build a really nice desktop computer, with selected parts for about $1000 (designed for gaming and digital art) but now i figure that it's more ideal to have a laptop in college. why?:

•i can take notes during lectures (i can type close to 100wpm and type a lot faster than i write)
•i can work on assignments during class
•it is more convenient in terms of space and storage
•easier to carry around if i wanted to work on my computer from a library or with a group of friends

since i don't know how to build a laptop(most likely a pain in the ass) and since laptops are so different, and i like to use certain brands of hardware, i've been looking for a laptop model that uses AMD chips and an nvidia graphic card. i've found a few options, but the best laptop i found was a hewlett packard.

looking at the dv9000z, which uses an AMD turion that runs 2.2 ghz, and has an nvidia geforce go 7600 option, up to 4 gigs of ram and up to 300-some gigabytes of storage.

my question is: what are some game benchmarks for the go 7600? i'm not sure about it's performance. i need framerates for video games.