+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he really love me?

Does he really love me?

He said it really very early on in the relationship.. imo it was probably lust... but obviously not sure.
    Now he only really says it .. after a few beers. When I've tried to talk to him about it he just says it's because he feels silly saying it sober. He does say it very occasionally when he's not had a drink.
    Do you men need a drink to give you the courage to say 'I love you' ?
    I'm not too bothered if he does or doesn't... just want him to be honest!

Not a male but I think it might be an excuse. Why would he ever feel silly saying I love you to you privately, maybe in front of others some guys might feel weird saying it first or back but on the phone or together privately he shouldn't feel strange saying those words. Some think alcohol is like a truth serum so - if he says when drunk that is good.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I have no problem telling the woman I love how I feel about her. It was brought to my attention by my former girlfriend that I would look down every time I said I love you. She questioned me about but I couldn't think of any reason why I did because I truly did love her, more than she knew. The only reason I think I did that was because I was probably a little bashful. I hope this gives you some insight from a male point of view

As a male, I have absolutely no problem telling someone I love them. I do drink occasionally but I never get drunk, but when I have been a bit on the tipsy side I've said stupid things and may have said "I love you" a bit too much.

As for telling you he loves you early on, I think it's easily done. Depending on how lonely they may have previously been.

Myself, for example; I've been single almost my entire life (currently 26 years old) and I've messed up so many attempts before by flat out saying "I love you" to people I've not even met in person. I think what most people, including myself mean by that is that they're in love with the idea of you. The thought of spending their life with you, having you by their side is what they're in love with when they said it so early. At least... that's the way I've been over the previous years.

I hope all goes well for you

Quote Originally Posted by Fugnuk View Post
    As a male, I have absolutely no problem telling someone I love them. I do drink occasionally but I never get drunk, but when I have been a bit on the tipsy side I've said stupid things and may have said "I love you" a bit too much.

As for telling you he loves you early on, I think it's easily done. Depending on how lonely they may have previously been.

Myself, for example; I've been single almost my entire life (currently 26 years old) and I've messed up so many attempts before by flat out saying "I love you" to people I've not even met in person. I think what most people, including myself mean by that is that they're in love with the idea of you. The thought of spending their life with you, having you by their side is what they're in love with when they said it so early. At least... that's the way I've been over the previous years.

I hope all goes well for you
    Yeah... that was my worry.. he said he hasnt been in a relationship for 4 years.. so if I'm the first one... and being as gorgeous as I am...obvs! ha! he Is gonna be blown away by a woman to play with whenever he feels like it...
    I seem to have this habit of men falling in 'love' pretty quickly though! this is the 3rd man to tell me he loves me this year! *blush* so perhaps that's why I take it with a pinch of salt and question it really.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettylilpanda View Post
    Yeah... that was my worry.. he said he hasnt been in a relationship for 4 years.. so if I'm the first one... and being as gorgeous as I am...obvs! ha! he Is gonna be blown away by a woman to play with whenever he feels like it...
    I seem to have this habit of men falling in 'love' pretty quickly though! this is the 3rd man to tell me he loves me this year! *blush* so perhaps that's why I take it with a pinch of salt and question it really.
    Haha to be totally honest I'm guilty of doing that too. I think it's a male thing
    But in all honesty I sometimes let it get to me when dating, I tend to let my feelings get ahead of me. I over thing what future life would be like with this girl I'm interested in, and then I become too much. Hence why I'm having problems of my own right now. But once I came to terms with it and realised it was an issue I now know not to allow this sort of thing to happen.

Love really isn't easy, but once you've pulled it off and fought the emotional roller coaster. Life's fantastic.