+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should a man work?

Should a man work?

Whilst I realise I may sound like a sexist pig here.. I'm going to ask anyway.
    I am of the opinion that there is no reason why a perfectly healthy(as a man can be anyway! hehe) could not work.
    I am a woman(obviously) and i work and am completely self sufficient... I pay all my own bills etc... and wouldn't expect to rely on any man to provide for me... but..
    Am I wrong to think it is completely unacceptable for a man not to work or be actively looking for a job??
    A man who works... to me... is attractive... a man that doesn't... and can't be bothered to... no matter how handsome/ sexy/ kind he is... simply isn't!
    Am I behind the times perhaps??

Well I rember there was one lady who fell in love with couch potato. So some girls likes guys who dont work. Sure I doubt that it is sexy to anyone but self love - that man loves himself too much to work. That could be attractive to ladies.
    On dating site - zoosk, half of girls was okay to date guy without job.

I think you are working hard and want someone who dont have a easy leisure life, but who is out there in same battle field as you. You want a modern day warrior. Someone equal to you. What could change you is when you wont be working for a long time - retired maybe, then you wont care if man works either.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I guess it is a matter of personal preference then... I think i know what I like... I realise to be in a relationship there has to be compromise... sadly I don't think this is a compromise I am willing to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettylilpanda View Post
    Whilst I realise I may sound like a sexist pig here.. I'm going to ask anyway.
    I am of the opinion that there is no reason why a perfectly healthy(as a man can be anyway! hehe) could not work.
    I am a woman(obviously) and i work and am completely self sufficient... I pay all my own bills etc... and wouldn't expect to rely on any man to provide for me... but..
    Am I wrong to think it is completely unacceptable for a man not to work or be actively looking for a job??
    A man who works... to me... is attractive... a man that doesn't... and can't be bothered to... no matter how handsome/ sexy/ kind he is... simply isn't!
    Am I behind the times perhaps??
    Men were built for work. I know being unemployed is a pain in the arse as I've been there myself, not out of choice. But not actually wanting to work? It may sound harsh but it's weak. A man should earn, to feed his family, his loved ones and treat them. A man is meant to get his hands dirty, bruised and cut which will eventually lead to better work due to the experience. When you chose not to work you'll achieve nothing.

Is it unusual for a man to be attracted to a working woman? As a man I find independent, intelligent, secure working woman to be attractive.

If he is able bodied and not working I wouldn't respect that, especially if he isn't even trying to find some kind of employment, even part-time work. I'd think he is either lazy or maybe a freeloader.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”