+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Faux Pas in the Bedroom

Faux Pas in the Bedroom

So after doing the deed my boyfriend starts telling me about his ex and about how he was in a relationship with this girl for a year but they never had sex and that now she's with some friend of his and they had it in the first month. I'm thinking ending this relationship would be the best course of action but I was wondering what other people might think about this whole situation.

Why do you think you should end it? Because he vented to you about his last relationship? Or, because you did him and the other girl didn't? Or, because he's no good in bed?

So, again: What feelings are you feeling that make you want to end it and why are you feeling those feelings?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Just seemed completely out of context and disrespectful towards me that's all. It's as if he still likes her otherwise I don't see why that would be the first thing to pop into his head. Thing is I don't care much about maintaining an ex in your friends circle or giving a damn about their life. What they did or did not do sexually in their relationship shouldn't really be anyone's business I think past relationships should be something more personal.
    Last edited by mewyamah; 17-04-13 at 05:51 AM.

I can see where you're coming from. But the timing and other conversations would make a difference to me.

Did he roll off and start talking about her......or were you well and truly into other conversations and he said this?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Rolled off, my friend.

At least he rulled of before started to talk about ex lol. That means he still have respect for you.

Anyway look at this like a compliment - you just had sex and he talks about girl with who he didnt had sex for whole year -its like hes comparing you both and you are so much better cause he didnt even had to spend year with you to have sex.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I know I was speechless wondering if he's malicious , an idiot or just oblivious. We've been dating for a month in a half before we had sex.
    Last edited by mewyamah; 17-04-13 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    At least he rulled of before started to talk about ex lol. That means he still have respect for you.

Anyway look at this like a compliment - you just had sex and he talks about girl with who he didnt had sex for whole year -its like hes comparing you both and you are so much better cause he didnt even had to spend year with you to have sex.
    Oh that makes me feel so much better! I should of pulled the Condescending Wonka on him "She didn't have sex with you a year into the relationship? She sounds like a smart girl."

Quote Originally Posted by mewyamah View Post
    Just seemed completely out of context and disrespectful towards me that's all. It's as if he still likes her otherwise I don't see why that would be the first thing to pop into his head. Thing is I don't care much about maintaining an ex in your friends circle or giving a damn about their life. What they did or did not do sexually in their relationship shouldn't really be anyone's business I think past relationships should be something more personal.
    How long ago did he break up with this girl and how long have you two been dating before you had sex? I understand what you're saying but I'm not sure if he's just an idiot who doesn't know any better or he trusts you enough to be very vunerable to you, feels you won't diss him because most guys wouldn't tell anyone what he told you because lets face it, its certainly a blow to his ego and to admit such a thing may mean he is really comfortable with you and trusts you.

Your call if you break up with him but at least have the decency to talk to him about why you're doing it (or what you're thinking about since he's said it to you). Perhaps you're totally off base with what you're thinking about him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by mewyamah View Post
    I know I was speechless wondering if he's malicious , an idiot or just oblivious. We've been dating for a month in a half before we had sex.
    Talk to him and tell him how what he did made you feel. Depending on his answer decide then if you should break up with him or not.

I'd be kind of offended if this happened to me only because when your with a new person, neither of you want to hear about other people both of you have been with sexually or not

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Never attribute to maliciousness that which could be explained by stupidity.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?