+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's wrong with me?

What's wrong with me?

I need it's a bit of a long read but I really appreciate any feedback from people who have experience in relationships, I'm just a noobie but I really think I've found a special girl.

Hi all, a Canadian guy here, just registered here glad to be part of the community.

I met this girl a couple of weeks ago on a bus trip to see a local band. We had a kegger at someone's house and then we took the school bus that we rented to the venu where some bands were playing. As we were waiting in line this girl and I start talking and she seemed pretty cool. We get into the club and I go my way with my buddies and she goes her way with her friends. About a half hour later I go for a drink and she's chillin there with her friend near the bar watching the warm up act or something. As I grab my drink and walk away to go watch the band she comes up and asks me if I can grab her a drink if she gives me money so I take her cash and get us two drinks then give her back the cash tellin her that I took care of it. We start chattin it up and eventually end up going upstairs to watch the first band play. We get to our seats and pretty much spend the entire set just talking and having a good time, that's when it started getting a bit physical (kissing, touchin, etc). So after the set's done we go to the bar for another drink. After we do we just get a table and keep talkin. All my life I've been very shy, especially when it came to girls so conversations were never my biggest strength, but that didn't seem to matter with this girl seemed like I could say nothing wrong. We're on a port so she asked if I wanted to go to the beach and burn 1 and I'm like why not so we go outside lookin for a spot on the beach to chill. We sit down and talk and she's like so when are you gonna ask me for my number so I did and she wrote it down on a piece of paper. Then we start heavily makin out and grindin etc so at this point I definitely think that I'm gonna get some, but that's when she tells me she's on her period and that she's a virgin. To most guys this would be really bad news, but I'm not like most guys so I didn't really care to much because she kept saying she wants to do it and we'll definitely hook up in 2 weeks since she's at her dads this week and then goes up north for another week. I'm 19 years old and have only been with a couple of girls and never a real gf so I'm used to not getting laid often. So after an hour and a bit we head back to try and catch the band we came here to see. We get back to the club, get a couple of drinks and just chill the rest of the night. We go on the bus and she's pretty loaded so she passes out on me. The bus that we came on had all my friends from high school, so pretty much all the people I normally party with. They know me as the quiet guy so they've never really seen me mack on a girl like I did tonight and it was pretty evident that she didn't care what they thought of her either by way she was kissing/touchin me all night long. Everyone's obviously so drunk by now so they start makin chants and one was of me getting laid (which every1 assumed since we were 2gether all nite long and we went missing for close to 2hrs). We're sittin infront of the bus and they're at the bak so I just chill and let her sleep on me while we go back to town. We get off the bus and I walk her home and say goodnight etc I'll give u a call tomorrow.

Next day I wake up pretty early thinking last night was a dream, but sand all over my bed confirmed that indeed it was real. At this point all I can think about is this girl and how much of an amazing time we had last night. Being the pessimist that I am, I choose to ignore the fact that it's the most action I've seen since first year of university and start thinking if maybe I got played last night and she was just drunk lookin for someone to make out with and buy her drinks. So I check my wallet and see how much I spent and it was only about 60 bucks, most of which I spent on myself since I didn't buy all her drinks for the night, prolly on half or so. This seed of doubt got planted in my head when I remembered a conversation I had with someone at the bar before we left who said that she's made out with him before and told him she's a virgin speech so I don't really know what to believe. I give her a call in the afternoon and tell her I had a gr8 time las nite blah blah and I'm heading over to a friends house for his birthday jam and that I'd call her another day to chill, didn't really think inviting her to the party would be a great idea since all my friends from last nite would be there and it might get awkward.

So I get up on Monday to go to work with her on my mind again, no matter what I tried I couldn't think of anything else. I know she works a 9-5 job too so I figure to call her when we're both off to chill or something, but at around 4 my best friend who had the birthday jam nite before tells me his younger brother just got hit by a car and he's on his way to the hospital. I've been best friends with this guy since grade 7 so I've pretty much grown up with him and his bro (who's 2 years younger than us) and I consider them both close as blood. I get off work and drive to the hospital see what's going on and they say that he's getting both legs operated on but luckily no head injuries and while the damage is bad (he has 2 rods in both his legs now) he'll be able to walk in 6 months or so. Funny how I was tryin to get her off my mind all day and when I finally do I'm still bitter.

So the next day I was supposed to go to see Gnarls Barkley live with my friend whos bro just got hit, so I figured he'd probably not want to but called him anyways at lunch to see what he's up to, he says he's planning on going to see his bro and chill with him. Since he didn't mention the show I assumed he forgot/didn't wanna go anymore (I know I wouldn't if my bro just got both legs operated on) so I start contemplating the thought of calling this girl. Like I said earlier, I'm a shy mother****er that's not used to talking to girls, that's why I drink I get way more social and open up. So I spend the last few hours of work just thinking about what to do, I know I like this girl a lot but I don't really know how she feels about me so I know that somehow I have to make the call even tho I'm sweating since I'm so nervous. Knowing she's at work I still try her cell hoping to leave a message on her voice mail, unfortuantly she didn't have one. So then I think of textin her cell about going to the concert so if I get rejected it will be much easier to swallow than over the phone, problem is I don't a cell phone so I just txt her from the net telling her to call my work number when you get this if you're interested in going. 5 comes and still no answer so I'm pretty dissapointed, get home and debate whether to call her, maybe she didnt get the message maybe shes still at work who knows. As soon as I try to ring her she calls me saying she got the message and she tried to call my work but I was gone. I'm happy as **** she called and tell her that I'm gonna go pick up the ticks and then come pick her up and we'll take the gotrain to the show.

We get to the gotrain about an hour early. I naturally brought a 6 pack of tall cans since we always drink on the train going to concerts, also assuming that she'd want to drink. I offer her a beer and she says she doesn't really drink much and that the other night was a rare occasion where she got really loaded. Again, most guys would take that as a bad sign but to me, a 'good' girl is exactly what I need to slow me down a lil. So I'm stuck with 6 tall cans of beer to drink in 1.5hrs, just not happenin with warm ass beers so I make her help me out, she doesn't even finish one can so I just down mine and hers quick and get on the train with 4cans. She helps me with another but I had to drink 2.5 beers to myself and just threw one out. We have great conversation on the train and then go to the show and really enjoy ourselves. [b]Only had 2 drinks each at the show, Gnarls Barkley tore shit up u didnt even wanna leave for a refill. On the way back we make out for a bit but mostly just talk again. I ask her what she thought of last night and she says she had a great time and all that but that she was really drunk and doesn't really remember parts of the nite. A comment like that couldn't have hurt anymore than it did because it kind-of confirmed my fears of her just playing me. We talk about it and she says she still remembers the beach and all that and she likes me just gotta get to know eachother some more etc. My sis picks us up at the go and we drop her home, didn't really try to kiss her goodnight since my sis was around.
    Last edited by A Dell; 24-08-06 at 06:54 AM.

So next day I'm still as confused as I was the nite after the beach. On our way back she tells me that she does have some guy friends that she does just make out with but she's no slut, but I have my doubts because no matter how magical the last two times I chilled with her nothing is ever as it seems when it comes to my life, I just seem to get very unlucky when things look to be going my way. She told me that she was going shopping with her dad for the day so I figured to call her after work. I finally work up the nerve to call her but she says she's still with her dad so I tell her ok cool I'll give you a call later. Friday is the next day and I had some plans with some friends so figured she'd be with her friends too and didn't call. Saturday I wake up with her still on my mind and I debate calling her all day before wussing out thinking that she wouldn't wanna hang with me on her last day in town (she leaves Sunday to go up north). Sunday comes around and I know that I have to call her to at least say peace and wish her a good trip up north so I did, didn't really say much else except that I'd give her a call back sometime after she gets back (which is Monday). Monday rolls around and I decide that I didn't wanna seem too desperate and call her then so better wait a day. I was also so hungover from drinking way too much rum at an open bar and going to work 4 hours after stopping to drink...needless to say I was still drunk till noon sure everyone noticed lol. Tuesday I didn't get off work until 7:30 and I was going to go see Dave Chappelle live with a couple of buddies at 10:30 so quickly went to his place to drink then gotrained there. I contemplate txtin her from the train but just figured **** it just enjoy the nite with ur friends, and I did Chappelle killed it.

So here we are, Wednesday. I have one of my best friends from childhood home from LA until Wednesday (he lives next door to me) so I promised him a nite of drinkin at the local bars, but I've drank hard 5 outta last 6 days (usually never drink during the week since I work at 8 but I figure with my boy down..) so I'm contemplating calling her to see what she's up to. I think I'll get dragged out to the bars since my boy leaves for LA for good on Wed (he sold his house) but I'm debating calling her and settin up a time to meet tomorrow.

I really don't know why I get so nervous when I think of calling this girl but I do. Two times I chilled with her I had a couple of beers in me but I don't feel nervous at all when I'm with her, and I don't know if it's because we're both drinkin or what. Gnarls Barkley she only had like 1 tall can combined and 2 rye drinks so even if she's a light weight like she says she couldn't be too drunk.

Anyways, I just wanna know what some1 with experience thinks of this situation. For whatever reason I can't just take what this relationship for what it is, even if it's just someone to make out with it's a lot more action than I'm used to getting. What would some1 in this situation do? Go out more to see if anything's there? I plan on chilling with her tomorrow if I somehow work the nerves to call her again, I'd text her but I really think that's a lame way to ask a girl out, don't want her to see my lack of confidence I know girls are all about that.

So please to anyone who read this whole thing I'd really appreciate any feedback, I don't want to blow it with this girl I really do like her, just don't know if she likes me as much as I like her I have my doubts.
    Last edited by A Dell; 24-08-06 at 06:57 AM.

Any chance of an abreviated version?
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't really read your whole post because it is too long; I just skimmed it. May I suggest a cliff-notes version? You will probably get more responses.

Am I right in summarizing that you met a girl you liked, you had sex with her in a sandbox the first night you met because you were drunk, she may not remember that she had sex with you because she was also drunk, and you still want to date her? Additionally, it seems you may have a problem with controlling your liquor intake?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

lol damn I knew I wrote too much.

I met her, we didn't have sex just fooled around. She apparently doesn't drink much so she was drunk I guess, I was not that drunk remember everything fine. We went to a Gnarls Barkley concert a few days later then she went up north for a week and recently came back. I don't really have prob controllin my liquor, I just like to drink since I'm not shy when I do.

Abrivated ver: (really would like someone to read the full ver just to get my full emotion)

I met a girl on a bus trip, we had a great time chilling all nite by the beach and bar then a few days later I asked her to go to a Gnarls Barkley concert and had a kickass time as well. She recently came back into town and not sure what's my next move, I know I will call her just don't know why I get so nervous n shit, wanna know if there's any way to chill myself out I think this girl does like me but I have some doubts due to some random dude I met nite we went on that bus trip and for whatever reason I've been programmed to think all girls don't like me for whatever reason, I'll bold some details on my above post.
    Last edited by A Dell; 24-08-06 at 06:49 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So... what's the problem, then?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

well basically my opinon is, go out with her some more, dont be scared to call man because if she hoenstly likes you she isnt going to care , she is probably sitting there thinking about you too... if you go out a couple more times youll get to know her better and determine whether or not its worth it. in the end your going to come out of this situation with what sounds like a potentially really good friend. maybe even a girlfriend. main thing is dont be scared to call etc. be yourself.

I'll read it when I get a spare HOUR tomorrow and give you some totally irrelevant advice which probably won't help much but what the hell you're getting it anyhow!

Next time you post, cut to the chase, there is such a thing as TMI (too much information) Also space it out into chunk size paragraphs so our brains don't shut down at the sight of it.

Okay Bud!
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned