+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bit of quick advice needed, not a long post

Bit of quick advice needed, not a long post

Hi all. Ive been friends with my ex for a while now, but recently I have fallen in love with them again. She does not want to get back with me, but wants to stay in contact.

I havent seen her for a week now, (we see each other a lot) and am proud of this. Should I not see her for a while to get over her? Its hard getting used to just being friends as we do hug all the time, but it would be hard not seeing her but I need to get over her.

Thanks, Mike.

My advice is: dont push her. Just stay in friends...try to be as best friends. Hug, laugh, etc.

If you really want to see her...(what ever you do, dont say it to her that you want), you can call her...and ask what she`s up to. If she dont have any plans...or not doing anything. Ask maybe she wants to go to cinema with you. That you dont want to go alone, and thought maybe she wants.
    When you finally meet her... you can ask how shes been doing etc. Just to get to know maybe she found some1 else. Just dont mention that you want to get back together. It may ruin everything. Take it slowly.
    She may say, that she dont want you...but with story with ex is always different. Feeling MAY go away...but not good memories.

Just give her time...go out time to time. Friendly chat about life etc. And just look how she reacts. If she dont want you anymore as in relationship...then even if you hang out like friends...it will help you to get over and find a new love.

Hope this helps
    I am a reformed spammer.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You need a lot longer than a week of NC to sort yourself out. Try 3 months (preferably dating someone else, meantime) and see how you feel. You may not even want to be friends with her by then.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You need a lot longer than a week of NC to sort yourself out. Try 3 months (preferably dating someone else, meantime) and see how you feel. You may not even want to be friends with her by then.

Almost told everything what i forgot to tell. Yes...date with some1 else and if you feel then meet your ex and hang out, chat, go to cinemas etc. Just like normal friends...nothing else. It will help you to see, do you really want your ex (time might help you to get back together), or you find new love. And seeing your ex time to time...helps you to get over her.
    I am a reformed spammer.