+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving it on

Moving it on

Hi everyone, I was asked out by a gal today and a bit confused by what it means. Firstly, I met this gal in college around 6 months back. We sort of started meeting up for casual lunch or coffee after a month since we met maybe 4 or 5 times? The last time we met she asked me out to a museum exhibition, we spent a couple of hours together and it seemed pretty good but I fell quite sick few days later and was in hospital (I didn't tell her) and she sort of stopped messaging me that much and after a while I stopped as well.

I messaged her again a couple of days ago about how she was and then she asked me out to another museum artwork thing yesterday. The date if it can be called that was pretty good (apart from fact we couldn't find the place and got lost), I don't believe its just a friendship, there's something more. Not the sort of I wanna bang your brains out chemistry but more slow burning.

I'm quite comfortable around gals but I don't have much experience with gf's (just had 1 in the past as concentrated on studies). I've read quite a lot online on the subject, heard all my friends have had to say on it. I know I haven't been doing much wrong with her on our 'dates' kept the conversations light and playful. Make her laugh so on with a bit of innuendo thrown in for good measure. My question is what I can do to take it to the next level? Should I ask her out to a dinner (all the past meet-ups have been day events)? I'm kinda starting to like her, she's intelligent, attractive, fun and so on...so its not just about getting jiggy with her. Or have I been mistaken and she just sees me as a friend?

Sorry for the long post.

Getting jiggy, huh? And here I always thought Will Smith was talking about dancing...

Anyway... I think you should officially ask her out. Most people (girls and guys alike) don't put so much effort into a seeing a person if they're not interested. If you like her, go for it. You're in the perfect spot to do it, so don't pass it up!