+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Desperately in love

Desperately in love

Hi,

I'll try to explain my story as thoroughly as possible, so you get the complete view of my situation.

2 friends and I are member at the local gym. I go there 3 times a week with them and 1 day alone. A few weeks ago, I saw a beautiful girl walking in the gym. She always trains on her own. I don't know anything about this girl and I haven't even said 'hi' to her. Still, I feel very attracted to her, not just physically. Occasionally, we do have eye contact. I'm really insecure about meeting new people and I think she is a bit shy as well.

My 2 friends, I mentioned earlier, are very outgoing and say whatever is on their mind. I'm almost the complete opposite. I would really like to talk to this girl, even if it's just saying 'hi'.

Today, one of my friends did say 'hi' to her while passing by. I realized it isn't that big a deal, but still I can't seem to overcome my fear.

I've lost joy in most of the things I do. I don't really enjoy food, hanging with friends, weekends or coming home from school. All I look forward to is going to the gym and hope she is there too. Just so I'm around her.

Please give me reasonable advice. How do I handle my friends? Will they think it's awkward when I start talking to her? Do I even have to worry about them? And after I say 'hi' to this girl, how do I continue?

Thanks.

You already know what you need to do... TALK TO HER.

You need some confidence, and you need the mindset, "who cares if she doesn't like me, at least I can try"... instead of, "what if she rejects me, I don't even want to try"...

You have something in common with her, the gym, so you at least have SOMETHING to start talking about. And if things go well, you could perhaps then become her walking buddy, since she doesn't have one yet...

Really though, just talk to her, you know that is what you have to do!

You're making yourself feel miserable because you aren't letting youself talk to her. You are self loathing, kind of like self injury. You wallow in your thoughts instead of taking action. I know as I often in the past did the same thing. You don't want the 'what if's', so go talk!

Thanks for your advice. I know you're right and I know I should just talk to her. But I just need that little push. I'm really close to just doing it. Everytime I see her walking in, I start pressuring myself to say 'hi'. You're right, I feel I'm pulling myself down with my thoughts.

Anyone else please?