+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Physical attraction V.S. Dating

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I dont think Flacoolns standards are too high. he pretty much summed up my standards in a man. lol and lots of people have the whole package. Looks, brains, sense of humor, personality. I dont think thats too much to ask for as long as you have all or most of those things yourself. The thing is that most these people are already taken and there is a que lining up behind them I bet Flacooln has a bunch of secret admirers.
    What, where are they??? LOL. Thanks.

I just don't think it is too much to ask for someone who can keep up with me both mentally and physically. I want a woman who is ambitious about life, work, and fun and is a HAPPY person. I feel I have a lot to offer and just want a woman who does as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaCooln View Post
    What, where are they??? LOL. Thanks.

I just don't think it is too much to ask for someone who can keep up with me both mentally and physically. I want a woman who is ambitious about life, work, and fun and is a HAPPY person. I feel I have a lot to offer and just want a woman who does as well.
    Ya and your dead right don't settle. Settling is for insecure people and your not insecure and you do have a lot to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by edpjrr View Post
    I kind of agree with what my friends are saying about my coat and my glasses,but I'm too lazy to change it.Sometimes I think,"why do I need to change myself in order to impress other people? I can't impress everyone.I just want to be myself and do whatever I want"

Would it be possible if I don't change this but I can still get what I want?
    So you wouldn't mind trying different things, meaning it wouldn't make you uncomfortable if you changed it. But you're just too lazy to even do it... which really reminds me off myself, sadly.

You're right, you can't impress anyone. But here's the thing, you posted this for a reason. You probably think you are not attractive enough to attract more attention from men, am I right? So if that's the case, why don't you try to make a few simple changed about your appearance to see what happens?

Maybe I'm way off base here and you're actually a very good looking woman and just don't believe in yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Babe you are not changing the way you look for other people. You are doing it for you so you dont feel bad about yourself anymore. **** what everyone else thinks. Its about what you think when you look in the mirror. In order to look good-you have to "feel good" and you dont but some positive changes could change all that.
    Fair enough. I should be as confident as FlaCooln LOL
    Thank you for your support

Quote Originally Posted by bearz View Post
    So you wouldn't mind trying different things, meaning it wouldn't make you uncomfortable if you changed it. But you're just too lazy to even do it... which really reminds me off myself, sadly.

You're right, you can't impress anyone. But here's the thing, you posted this for a reason. You probably think you are not attractive enough to attract more attention from men, am I right? So if that's the case, why don't you try to make a few simple changed about your appearance to see what happens?

Maybe I'm way off base here and you're actually a very good looking woman and just don't believe in yourself.
    Yes,I wouldn't mind trying different things. You know what,I DO dress up from time to time. I wear contact lenses,put on make up (my friends do it for me) and wear nice/sexy outfits when I go to nightclubs,balls/masquerades,my parties...etc... All of my friends told me I look TOTALLY different and attractive(or even gorgeous) when I dress up.I just look like a different person. And I'm flattered to hear compliments from my friends.So YES,I wouldn't mind trying different things or dressing up from time to time and it makes me feel good about myself.But I just can't be arsed to do this every day....

"Maybe I'm way off base here and you're actually a very good looking woman and just don't believe in yourself."<---Most of my friends told me I'm attractive/nice-looking/gorgeous/pretty without my ugly glasses and thick coat.Yet,sometimes I think,"if they think I'm good-looking without glasses/long thick coat,then they should also think I'm good-looking even if I wear my glasses and coat cos I've never done any plastic surgery.My facial features are still the same even if I wear glasses/coat!"
    Last edited by edpjrr; 13-04-13 at 02:37 AM.

Actually, bad accessories can really ruin a person's appearance. As can a bad hairstyle. Just look at some of the makeover shows out there to see how much more attractive one can look with the right choices. Though, as a glasses wearer myself, I do wish the makeover shows would include nice glasses instead of always replacing them with contacts....it would be nice to see some options there.

Anyway, about you.....why not ditch the ugly glasses for some stylish/fashionable ones? And get a tailored coat which is flattering to your figure. If the glasses and coat make you look like a bag lady, no amount of nice face structure will save you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I would date anyone who is attractive to me. But only guys with a compatible personality would we end up dating longer than a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    I would date anyone who is attractive to me. But only guys with a compatible personality would we end up dating longer than a few weeks.
    haha,that's the difference between dating for sex and dating for relationship

Quote Originally Posted by bearz View Post
    Something I want to add, you might be jealous of that one girl, but I'm sure you wouldn't be jealous of all the drooling idiots hitting on her all the time. Being that popular among guys brings a lot of baggage with it, too. Unless of course you just want to have sex with as many different men as possible, as it seams to be the case with her. But I have a feeling that that's not you.

If you really want to get more guys' attention, just start changing little things and see what happens. See if it makes you feel more confident after you get a couple of compliments from different people.
    I admit I'm flattered after I get compliments from different people..but I don't want to dress up every day just to get guys' attention. Are there any mature guys who are attracted to a girl's personality instead of her looks? Are there any non-shallow guys who are willing to date a girl for her personality instead of her looks?

I admit I'm flattered after I get compliments from different people..but I don't want to dress up every day just to get guys' attention. Are there any mature guys who are attracted to a girl's personality instead of her looks? Are there any non-shallow guys who are willing to date a girl for her personality instead of her looks?
    I think many guys are keen for a good personality....but I think you'll find that most of them want a girl who at least makes an effort to look presentable when leaving the house. You don't need makeup and heels all the time, but at least wear flattering clothes. Throwing on decent jeans and a nice top is no more difficult than putting on old tracksuit pants and a stretched sweater. I mean, I'm all about a guy's personality - but at the same time, I don't think it's too much to expect a guy get a decent haircut and wear reasonable clothes.

The fact that your friends are telling you that you look great without the ugly glasses and coat make me think that they tactfully trying to send you a message. As I said earlier, even just a tailored coat, nice glasses and a good haircut will make a huge difference. And this isn't a lot of work or high maintenance.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If she's very cute or hot...then I have no chance in Hell. If somehow I did, I probably wouldn't: they're apt to be manipulative, social-climbing bitches.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    If she's very cute or hot...then I have no chance in Hell. If somehow I did, I probably wouldn't: they're apt to be manipulative, social-climbing bitches.
    Dude, with this attitude you won't even get an ugly chick interested in you

haha,that's the difference between dating for sex and dating for relationship
    Doesn't apply to me since I never had sex. My attention span is just low when it comes to guys.

You should take pride in your appearance everyday OP. It doesnt mean you have to spend an hour putting on makeup every morning. Either lose the glasses or get sexier glasses and make an effort when it comes to fashion/style. Lose the coat and get a nicer one. That could make all the difference. Also a little blusher, lipgloss and mascara can really highlight your features and only takes 5 mins

All men want to walk down the street with their lady feeling proud and showing her off a little. And you should make an effort to look your best anyway whether you want a man or not.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast