+ Follow This Topic

Thread: dinner date!

dinner date!

got a lady comin over for dinner this week. I'm in college (we're back home for summer), we're both 21. Things heated up with this girl awhile back but took a hault because she had just broken up with her boyfriend and didn't want to take it any further. Things still seem kind of romantic though - last time we hung out was a dinner date just before I left for 6 weeks for work (i paid).

What should I make? It's gonna be after work and I kind of get off late so I don't really have time to fix anything really fancy (plus our grill is broken i was just gonna throw on some steaks, ugh!). I'm not really trying to impress her with what I cook exactly I don't think college girls care that much yet (or do they?). I just wanna make something that is simple and good for a date of this type.

She knows I am pursuing a relationship with her and she made it sound like there would be a decent chance it could happen down the road (and this was like 6 months ago). She had just broken up with her boyfriend because she wanted more free time right around when we started hanging out. We've had a few kisses, but its been awhile.

I was thinking of giving her a kiss at the end of the night. Not because I'm desperately wanting to rush her into something this second, but just because I'm a guy, she's really pretty, and I really like her lol. I don't want it to seem like a huge deal and I want her to enjoy it. I want it to say "I really like you, but I'm OK with the way things are right now" (or something?)

I'm just looking for tips on what to make for dinner and how to approach a date of this type...thanks guys

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [url]http://www.epicurious.com/[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

lol i'm so young and inexperienced with cooking its so much easier said than done. I was thinking about just making homemade pizza (or is that kinda goofy?)

I'm kind of more interested in how to approach the situation actually. The food is kind of secondary to why i really posted this. although idk if my post lacks enough information or maybe im over-complicating it? I should add I really haven't ever had a serious girlfriend that might be why I do this

I'll just say one thing. Avoid eating spaghetti or pasta with noodles. Make something that's not messy. Oh, and I would avoid pizza or any really greasy foods.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by fromchaos View Post
    lol i'm so young and inexperienced with cooking its so much easier said than done. I was thinking about just making homemade pizza (or is that kinda goofy?)
    This is great! In fact, you should get all the ingredients ready and then make it together. Big points with her. Making a meal together and then sharing it can be very romantic. You might want to prep a salad ahead of time to go with it.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Oy...I don't know much about your history with this girl, but I suggest NOT making dinner for your "reunion date"...that seems more suited for perhaps the 2nd or 3rd date.

Since it's after work...just go out and enjoy yourself to a dinner and talking. That way you're not exhausted when it comes to after finishing making the meal.

I think you are overcomplicating it! lol I know it's easier said than done but just try to be yourself and enjoy it. Don't think about it too much, if it feels right at the time to kiss her then go for it. If not, wait til next time.