View Poll Results: A Girl having a close "just friends" guy friend is..?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great, because sometimes guys need girl friends, who are really "just friends"

4 80.00%
  • Stupid, because guys and girls can never be "just friends"

1 20.00%
  • Bad, because that's unfair on the guy who may want more..!

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it normal to have very close Guy friends?

Is it normal to have very close Guy friends?

Hi all,

I have been quite stressed recently with wondering what to do in life and whatnot, finding a job is hard and so I live with my parents and just plod along day by day.

My long term boyfriend lives in the same country but a few hours away and has commitments up there meaning that we are technically long distance relationship atm. But we talk on the phone every night, sometimes short time, sometimes for a few hours.

The thing is, I love him with all my heart, and he loves me so much too. We talk about marriage (his parents are really up for it too) and future, but we know (or at least I know) that we are not ready because I don't have a job and also I am not willing to leave the 'nest' quite yet.

Now the problem that's on my mind is, I have a friend who just happens to be male and lives in the same town as me. We don't meet up often or anything, but we text randomly quite alot. The texts are just about the most spontaneous topics, probably just because we are bored. But I like texting because he is funny and we make good friends.

My boyfriend and my just (guy)friend have met each other before and they had a good um 'guy' chat. So they get along with each other and are aware of each other.

I just want to know... is it normal to be so 'friends' with my guy friend.
    I'm secretly scared, by doing so I'm allowing myself to enjoy this friendship too much.
    Like I might develop a crush on him or something.

Please help. Any thoughts to kill this stupidly immature threesome fantasy in my mind would be great!!

sadie_genie Guest
    You are suppose to be best friends with your boyfriend. If he isn't then you might be dating the wrong person. You should be dating your guy friend.

Sounds like you already have a crush on him.

I'm fighting the 'crush' though, it's wrong... isn't it? (I hope this wierd feeling and friendship is not classified as cheating)

I love my boyfriend, he's the sweetest person in the world.
    Never gets mad a me, always treats me well, we have had so many fun times in the past. And I really can imagine a future where I wake up every morning and he is there.

My 'just friend' friend, I dunno what I'm feeling, what would he be feeling?
    Why does he text me so much??

Because hes your friend, and friends text each other.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm married and I have close guy friends. I don't, and won't ever, feel anything for them other than friendship. Your only concern should be if you think you may have feelings that go beyond just friends. Like, you look forward to seeing them more than your bf.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks for the info guys
    It helps put things in perspective for me.

I love my boyfriend and my friend is just a friend.
    Mystery solved!

My closest friends are all female. It's just as ok for a woman to have close guy friends.
    If you have feelings for him and you have a boyfriend, it wouldn't be ok.
    If he has feelings, it's his responsibility to choose if he can handle his feelings or not.
    If you know of his feelings and have a boyfriend, you should ask the boyfriend if it's ok and respect his opinion.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.