+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "Dont be yourself, it never worked in the past so why would it work now?" :S

"Dont be yourself, it never worked in the past so why would it work now?" :S

Hey there,

I know my post title above seems strange but I have to get this off my chest as its been making me feel more n more shit about myself and what I've done.

In the past I was a loner, never had many gf's and or relationships. Then I started reading into all those PUA websites, and learned about what needs to be done in order to get a gf and get women basically.

It did work, and then i finally found a girl that i really liked and we fell in love. only problem was that she ended up falling in love with the image i was trying to portray (that i learned from these player websites), rather than the guy i guess i am at heart. After a 4-5 months into the relationship i started to revert back to the guy i used to be and that is were the problems started.

during all that time of learning how to seduce women, i never ever thought about how it would affect the girl and what happens after you 'get her'...i only learned this once i started being my old self and realised that what i did was basicaly project a false image of myself and this is all she ever knew of me.

after a year of a horrid relationship (not including the first 4-5 months which were amazing), she has finaly stopped talking to me, as of Sunday night. Yesterday was the first day since we've known each other that we havent contacted each other and it hurt so bad. I dont want to try and force myself onto her or force her to talk to me though cos i feel i deserve to be punished for what i have done. i basically lied to her and to myself so that she would fall in love with me and because of that i dont deserve her love - she deserves someone who will treat her like a Queen - the way i used to, and deserves to be happy...which with me i could only provide temporary bouts of happiness.

I hope in a way she doesnt try to get back with me as i will end up giving in and she deserves so much better...i guess im writing this to say sorry but also to say where do i go from here? am i destined to be alone? its like my thread title says; if being me hasnt worked in the past, why would it work now....

Those PUA guys don't make any money teaching guys how to be good boyfriends. They just exist to get guys laid, and they perpetuate a lot of pain for everyone involved, in my opinion. They teach guys how to be manipulative and shallow.

You have to do the right thing, not the easy thing. It's probably too late with this girl, but in the future, remember that being yourself is the ONLY option if you want someone to like the real you and have a relationship that can last. Only do that PUA crap if you want to be a PUA.
    Spammer Spanker

PUA?

Pay Up, A-hole?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Pick Up Artist, like Mystery or DeAngelo.
    Spammer Spanker

Those PUA guys don't make any money teaching guys how to be good boyfriends. They just exist to get guys laid, and they perpetuate a lot of pain for everyone involved, in my opinion. They teach guys how to be manipulative and shallow.
    Yeah i think thats the part that they dont tell you. I dont know, maybe i did it wrong, maybe i didnt but either way i only blame myself for what has happened. i just feel so guilty and i really dont know what to do...i wish i could wave a magic wand to erase my gf's (ex gf now), memory of me so that she doesnt remember me at all and remember the pain that i caused her. but i guess i have to learn the lessons learned and try to move on...i just hoep she can do the same.

Sorry Jag and I know you loathe my advice and what I have to say, but it's only a short while ago you were on here wishing she would f**k off out of your life.....

Be careful what you wish for, springs to mind.

The best answer in such situations is to just work at being a better you instead of being someone that you are not.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."