+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Theres no future for my GF and I

Theres no future for my GF and I

So here's my story.

My girlfriend and I have been going out for a good ten months now. We are madly in love with each other and when were together we just cannot keep our eyes or even hands away from each other. I know her family very well and she knows mine. So we are very close and pretty much everyone knows. We actually even joke about having family and living with each other in the future. Stuff like that. So you would think that my girlfriend and i are doing great, so whats the problem?

Well the problem starts where both my girlfriend and I are going to the airforce. She is leaving this january 2010 for boot camp and most likely, ill be leaving by march. My girlfriend is not a very strong person when it comes to long distance relationship, then again i dont think anyone is... so today i asked about what she thinks about our future and how it going to work out. She politely said, I just know were going to break up sooner or later. Then she asked me if i wanted to break up with her now and if i do she'll understand why, and i said i dont want to break up of course... I asked if she wanted too and she said No either.

So we talked deeply why we think it wont work out. First is that, we are definitely going to be separated once in the military. There is no way for us to be 100% sure we'll be stationed in the same state or even area. Unless we get married. Marriage is not something both me and her want to do at a young age. im 19 and shes 18(turning 19 january). Second we both are pretty stubborn when it comes down to trying to find a best solution to this. but in all honesty, I dont think there is any.. except move on

I guess what im saying is.. we are deeply in love. letting go of each other is going to be so hard for both me and her. We are very dedicated to each other and ending our relationship like this, leaves a very dissatisfying taste.. Like i said i wont break up with her and she doesnt want to either. I told her, "lets just go ahead and see how long this ride goes ok babe" i didnt want to make promise i cant keep and she doesnt either. and I really dont have any idea how long we wont see each other for, it could be two years or even longer. I know theres no use to waiting for anyone for that long when you could find some other partner thats closer.. but then again idk..

Are we doing the right thing to just let it gradually fall?

Im so confused about everything now.. at one point both me and her see each other as our husband and wife. now were heading downwards..
    Last edited by ddgrave; 11-12-09 at 09:40 AM.

It doesn't have to be "goodbye". It can be "see you later".

I got back together with an ex after 12 years and now we're married. Breaking up is not the end of the world, nor is it the end of your possibilities together.

Do the mature thing and let one another go when you go into the service. Keep in touch. Reserve a special place in your hearts for one another. In the future, if the opportunity presents itself, jump at it.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks. I know what you mean.. Im still so young so I cant help but think once its over its over... All I know is that were definitely going to break up sooner or later.

I will have her reserve in my heart for the future, hopefully...
    Its just so hard letting go after all that you've been through... but then again im never the giving up type. So i do look forward what happens next

I'm a bit nervous about this type of situation too. My boyfriend wants to be a cop. He was originally gonna stick around San Diego for a while to work his way up. His ideal city is Boston, where I am from actually, which you'd think would be perfect. However, it's not certain he'll end up there as every state has different guidelines for this kind of work, and MA requires a 2-year residency prior. He's nervous about what that means for his job prospects. Now he's looking at DC and what other possibilities he has in law enforcement. I'm trying not to jump the gun and just take it one day at a time. But it's got my head going.