+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are Men & Women Equal?

Are Men & Women Equal?

Do you think men put in more time to please their women/wife than women to their men/husband? Why do you think the way you do?

I wouldn't think this is true. Woman can show as much passion for their partner as men can in return. There isn't a reason why i feel this way - I just know through observation and experience that it is true. In any case, women are said to be more affectionate than men anyway.
    ""The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. It plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

Both sexes can and should put equal effort in the relationship. However, expectations varies in different cultures. In more traditional countries, women were suppose to invest more into family and the private arena. Women were stereotyped to be more affectionate and nurturing as they were traditionally the ones who were suppose to rear the children. Wheares now in america, its equal effort for both sides. But because the world is getting more modernized, those old values are beginning to diminish in some traditional countries as well.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think that regardless of gender, it's the person efforts that should be measured.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i think that regardless of gender, it's the person efforts that should be measured.
    I agree with this.

Yes, I'm if you could measure total the amount of effort, there'd be a difference between men and women.. but that's just because the chances of the genders being exactly 50%/50% is extremely unlikely.

Men - in our culture at least - are seen to have to make more effort at the very beginning of a relationship because it's men who usually ask the women out. But that does not speak for the whole relationship and it doesn't mean that the woman made no effort at all- after all, the woman has to *get* the man to ask her. You try that and then say we have it easy

First of all.. this thread is misleading.. just to get it out of the way.., both sexes are equal..

Quote Originally Posted by pythongrace View Post
    Do you think men put in more time to please their women/wife than women to their men/husband?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by pythongrace View Post
    Why do you think the way you do?
    Because both have the potential to put in an equal amount of time and effort into making their partner happy.. It depends on the person.. not the gender..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    I agree with this.

Yes, I'm if you could measure total the amount of effort, there'd be a difference between men and women.. but that's just because the chances of the genders being exactly 50%/50% is extremely unlikely.

Men - in our culture at least - are seen to have to make more effort at the very beginning of a relationship because it's men who usually ask the women out. But that does not speak for the whole relationship and it doesn't mean that the woman made no effort at all- after all, the woman has to *get* the man to ask her. You try that and then say we have it easy
    brilliant.
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

My opinion...Men can sometimes try too hard to impress their woman. Some woman do it too, but for the most part when you really have a girls heart you see the true affection she gives which couldn't make a woman anymore true than what she already is. I think it's beautiful.

to sum it up. If the woman really loves you she doesn't have to try to impress you or anything...just the way she acts is amazing. Well until jealously or something comes into play.

Men and women are equal, but are different creatures with different operational patterns in life. Neither one of which is better or worse than the other. Once you understand these patterns, once you can see through the eyes of others, you will understand the complexities of both.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Men and women are equal, but are different creatures with different operational patterns in life. Neither one of which is better or worse than the other. Once you understand these patterns, once you can see through the eyes of others, you will understand the complexities of both.
    Not only are men and women distinctively different, we are ALL different. Although the players guide is an enjoyable read, it's in bad taste to stereotype men and women. Also, I don't think anybody would be able to truely see through the eyes of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    Not only are men and women distinctively different, we are ALL different. Although the players guide is an enjoyable read, it's in bad taste to stereotype men and women.
    Yes, it's in bad taste to stereotype others

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    Also, I don't think anybody would be able to truely see through the eyes of the others.
    That can only be said by ones who haven't done it
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~