+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have no idea what to do :( please help

I have no idea what to do :( please help

Hi i owuld really appreciate some help from an outsider of the situation

Me an this guy we have been friends for like years and well we developed feelings for each other so we became more than friends.The first week was good then it turned sour.He broke up with , over the internet last Friday :/ he had said we could met up and talk about it but he started ignoring my texts and we never met up.Now at school im still being ignored and i really need to sort things quick between us.

his reasons for breaking up for me were he wasn't ready for a relatuionship and he could only see me with my ex boyfriend of 2 years. I'm like in shock still and im so confused and i don't understand the situation at all.

We did say we would try again when we are both ready for a relationship again but i mean he wont even talk to me.And i mean i just ant to clarify things and talk about what went wrong but hes just ignoring me

Any advice would be appreciated

Sounds to me like he's either confused and chickening out or he's changed his mind and too afraid to admit it. Flat out avoiding you may be the only way he knows how to deal with this right now. Maybe you should try texting him with "If our friendship meant/means anything to you, just be honest with me about how you feel. The truth can't be worse than being ignored by someone I care about."
    Oh well, what do I know?

http://mindfulmunky.blogspot.com

Yeah you need to be upfront with him.
    Maybe don't ask him through text. Face-to-Face would be a lot better imo.
    You can see his reactions and stuff. You just need to talk it out.
    Take control of the situation and get the answers you want.. he seems to be shying away from the relationship and situation.
    MensDatingAdvice - http://www.mensdatingadvice.info

Hey Nicola,

Some relationships dont take off, Its sounds to me like he got cold feet straight away then is ignoring you to make you think you did something wrong. I know you want answers right now but perhaps there just aren't any, your just not suited to each other? If he said he'd try again when he was ready I'm not sure how you felt about that, sounds to me you both looking for different things right now. I'd say move on, find someone better suited to what you want.

Think of it this way better to find out after a week than in 6 months, or 2 years time.

Best of luck for the future.

"Not ready" is right. He is a complete amateur. He doesn't know any better, I'm sure, but that's hardly an excuse to act like such a baby.
    Spammer Spanker

I am sorry you are going through this. Seeing him in person and having some sort of closure could be nice, but ultimately it is just chasing shadows.

Make a decision to let him alone and to move on. He will hopefully apologize later on in life when he grows into manhood and realizes that what he did was inconsiderate. I know I did.
    Hold your heart courageously
    As we walk into this dark place
    Stand steadfast erect and see
    That love is the province of the brave

-TV on the Radio

If a guy says he is not ready then that's just another excuse. Lets go back to the post in the forum that "he/she is just not that into you = I still want to date other girls". I would say just let it go. You have to understand that if a guy is where he wants to be. If he wants to be with you then he will stay and not ignore you or break up with you. Sorry but that is reality.