Hi there, my name is Jacob. I live in the midwest and am 17. I live with my mother and my dad lives near our home about 30 or 40 miles away. He and my mom divorced before I was born and it's never really affected me. He's remarried and my mom has dated since then.

I myself am very emotional, almost too much. I recently have come to the realization that I might have Bi-Polar disorder. Unfortunately I have to wait until my dr appointment in December. I did my research and I was informe that I need to find a support group. I don't really have anybody to talk to, so I thought I would join this forum. I've had a girlfriend for about a year or so...but it seems the more I've gotten to know her, the more that we've grown apart. She'll give more attention to a potentially gay guy whom she says she has no feelings for but when I try to talk to her I get the cold shoulder. I try to take her out on dinner and a movie dates and she never seems to have time for me. I buy her flowers, candy, almost anything to show her how much I care. Granted, I have had my manic episodes, and I do apologize for them, but I'm always told that I have control. I don't have control. There's times at home where I'm completely balling hysterically and I don't know how to help myself. She says she's there, but everytime I come to her, she can't pencil me in.

I don't write this for attention, I just want someone to talk to that I can relate to. I feel like I can't come to anybody anymore and this relationship I feel is killing me. Why can't I just find somebody who doesn't walk all over me or ignore me or pubically humiliate me? What's wrong with me?