+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why doy guys change their mind so much?

Why doy guys change their mind so much?

I was dating this guy for about a month or two and we had a few little problems but nothing major. Everything was going great. However out of the blue he started distancing himself, and he went from talking to me every day and initiating conversation to just replying to me when i talked. I stopped messaging him so he doesn't talk to me anymore. He told one of our mutual friends that he was beginning to fall in love with me and that he didn't want to fall in love so that he didn't want to see me. He said he was planning on coming to talk to me soon. Do guys really do that? And what was the whole point of going out with me and getting me to like him if he wasn't sure about what he wanted? Now im like left here having feelings for hm and not knowing what to do.

wtf u smoking? crack? If anyone is fickle its women. men are pretty straightfoward

hes just not interested.. move on. He sounds like a dick anyway... and as they say you are what you eat.. he probably munches on the meat popsicles.

Simma down now, y'all.

PEOPLE are fickle.

OP: You were only seeing each other for a month and in that month you had some problems. People who have a good sense of self respect won't stick around for more "problems" because when they do and they ignore red flags it's much harder to leave someone when they become a habit.

During the first month there shouldn't be many problems, not even a few. It's the beginning of the honeymoon period when you THINK you're compatible in every way (but you're usually not) and problems shouldn't exist.

Thank your lucky stars you've found out early that he is not a good match for you. The line about "starting fall in love with you so he distanced himself" is really telling you that hes not ready to be in a relationship WITH YOU. If he contacts you again it will likely be for booty only so don't fall into bed with him until you know what his intentions are.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

The problems were just because he lives an hour away from me. They weren't real problems, just that we couldn't see each other as much as we wanted. We first met as friends for a month, then dated for another month. So that's why I don't understand...we didn't really have problems.

Is there any way to change his mind? I really like him and haven't liked someone so much in a long time. I have been distancing myself and giving him space, so I don't act clingy but I don't want to just give up.

The distance may be problem enough if it's to far for him to make the effort.

You can't make someone love you. However; you are doing the only thing you can do that will give you the best odds of him coming back but don't wait around for it to happen, get on with your happy, active single life and if your still single when/if he calls you can decide if he's worth a second chance.

Just make sure that you don't fall into booty call status. Right now you're just disappointed. He'll break your heart if you mistake his lust for love.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    The distance may be problem enough if it's to far for him to make the effort.
    I lived an hour away from my ex, and it was a problem for him. I came to see him all the time, and he rarely came to see me. In the end, I think it was one of the things that led to our breakup. If he can't drive an hour to see you, then it's better to find out now than a year into the relationship, after you both come to love each other.

i was 40 mins frpm mine...didnt seem to be an issue