+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Advice and Thoughts

Need Advice and Thoughts

I can't believe I am doing this but my close people are giving me useless advices, so here I go with 3rd person opinions.

I have been seeing this girl since Valentines day, so it's been over 2 months. Mind you that I am an American living in Eastern Europe. Now, it might be cultural thing but the problem I have is that this girl is not showing much affection in public. Also, I am mostly the one who's contacting her to set things up. But we do talk at least once a week text few time; she always responds to my messages or calls me back. Never has she not gotten back to me once. I don't go full contact because I am busy and I would like to giver her space. Recently she broke her phone so she even sent me a msg on facebook about this. Also, our fourth date, she forced herself to come to meet me even she was sick. Later on I decided to reschedule that.

Another problem is that we don't see each other very often. Only 5 times in 2 months. She's busy with exams and family holidays and when she's free I'm busy like going to language lessons at night, sports and going away to different cities. So it seems that we cannot establish a solid rapport despite so much similarities we have.

Also, my close friend from abroad met her when he visted me and she also introduced me to her friends. My friend told me the same. She just does not show affection even though she treated me differently, wanted to dance with me and didn't talk or saw other guys. However, when she's alone with me she never shies away from my advances (though I am the one who initiates). We've held hands and got peck on the lips. When I went for full kiss, she shied away saying she's under the influence.

Now, I met this girl through a friend here, and he told me she's quite reserved with these things. Which I respect. But overall, I can't help to think I am getting mixed signals. And so far she hasn't answered my facebook msg about meeting up this wknd (I wrote that on Monday night). And I know she doesn't check facebook often, but I also know she read my msg because she logged in that same night. Granted we don't usually finalize our plan until Thursday night or Friday. Am I overrreacting? or is it time to just say next? By the way, we did have chat that let's see where this situation goes and she agreed with that early on. I mean, I do not mind being patient and taking everything slow, but I just do not want to hit on tree that will never fall either.

Thanks for your analysis
    Last edited by kipper034; 14-04-10 at 07:49 PM.