+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wise words?

Wise words?

I have a friend of mine that is struggling with a problem. He has a friend (a girl who initially had a crush on him and wanted him to ask her to the prom). They didn't end up to be prom dates because she didn't make it clear she wanted him to go with her (she just told him that she doesn't have a prom date) and now she asked someone else to go which she has to pay for both prom tickets and limo rides and everything (her logic is that she asked him so she is responsible for paying). So, now she is mad at him. Recently they had another argument. She told him that she was better than him in everthing (harsh, don't u think?). He defended himself by saying that he can do anything she can. She got mad, started crying and slapped him. He felt like an ass and gave her flowers to apologize. The next day, he went to her locker and started talking to her (wanted to figure out if she has forgiven him) and she got really mad. Said flowers are not for friendships but are meant for deeper romantic feelings and started crying again (told him to **** off). Him, being an idiot wouldn't leave and continue talking. He got sent to the guidance consellor and a tear dropped. what should he do now? What wise words can you say to him?

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    He has a friend (a girl who initially had a crush on him and wanted him to ask her to the prom). They didn't end up to be prom dates because she didn't make it clear she wanted him to go with her (she just told him that she doesn't have a prom date) and now she asked someone else to go which she has to pay for both prom tickets and limo rides and everything (her logic is that she asked him so she is responsible for paying). So, now she is mad at him.
    Wow, wow, wow She's mad at him because she didn't make it clear to him in the first place? He's not a mind reader, how was he suppose to know that "I don't have a prom date yet = I want you to ask me to go to the prom"? An honest mistake, she's got no right to be mad at him about it.

Recently they had another argument. She told him that she was better than him in everthing (harsh, don't u think?). He defended himself by saying that he can do anything she can. She got mad, started crying and slapped him. He felt like an ass and gave her flowers to apologize. The next day, he went to her locker and started talking to her (wanted to figure out if she has forgiven him) and she got really mad. Said flowers are not for friendships but are meant for deeper romantic feelings and started crying again (told him to **** off). Him, being an idiot wouldn't leave and continue talking. He got sent to the guidance consellor and a tear dropped. what should he do now? What wise words can you say to him?
    Wise words for him?

RUN RUN RUN

The girl sounds like some kind of emotional control freak monster with lots of insecurity issues. I'm sure she's pretty and all, but that kind of attitude is intolerable. Tell your friend to quit while he's still ahead!!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

wise words? if that is really how things went, she's a lunatic. get the **** away from her!

"i don't have a date for the prom" clearly means "take me to the damn prom."

this is for those of you who aren't perceptive enough to know it innately. she didn't come out and ask because she probably thought asking somebody was her last resort. and she probably likes your friend and didn't want to make an ass out of herself by asking him and having him say no. so she went and asked somebody who she probably either knew would say yes, or didn't really care if he said no.

but ultimately she made an ass out of herself and your friend. by assuming. that's what happens.
    Last edited by misombra; 03-05-08 at 08:55 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    She told him that she was better than him in everthing (harsh, don't u think?). He defended himself by saying that he can do anything she can.
    I want to apologize for this in advance. It is inappropriate, but I cannot resist...
    Anything you can do, I can do better
    I can do any thing better than you
    No you can't, Yes I can, No you can't, Yes I can
    No you can't, Yes I can, yes I can

Anything you can be I can be greater
    Sooner or later, I'm greater than you
    No you're not, Yes I am, No you're not Yes I am
    No you're not, Yes I am, yes I am

I can shoot a partridge with a single cartridge
    I can get a sparrow with a bow and arrow
    I can do most anything
    Can you bake a pie? No. Neither can I
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

Most girls at that age are nuts...this one definitely is. Tell your friend to stay away from her that she's just trouble.

I can only imagine what she would do if they got in an even more heated argument if they got together. I would have been ****ing pissed if she slapped me, there's never a reason for violence. What a psycho bitch.

Women, take note...stop beating around the damn bushes and tell us straight up. Don't leave hints or clues, we're terrible at those stupid games. We don't read any deeper into things than what is placed right in front of us.

aj, get me a drink then come over here and rub my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    aj, get me a drink then come over here and rub my feet.
    only if you rub my smelly, blistered, hairy, soccer feet...lol

god a foot massage would be nice right now. my feet are in soo much pain right now.

Oh and I'd like to edit my last post..."most females if not all are crazy"

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    only if you rub my smelly, blistered, hairy, soccer feet...lol

god a foot massage would be nice right now. my feet are in soo much pain right now.

Oh and I'd like to edit my last post..."most females if not all are crazy"
    what! i was so open and up front with you and you still call us all crazy!?

go stick your feet in the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    what! i was so open and up front with you and you still call us all crazy!?

go stick your feet in the mud.
    upfront with what?

This logic is all based off of my personal experiences, as far as i'm aware you're all crazy man hating women. Well, that's what Lifetime Television has taught me, and it's television for women. Go figure...lol

hmmm. sounds like in response to that you have a little bitterness toward women.

careful you don't end up like those who you speak of.

/sarcasm

you know i love you ladies

so about that foot massage and drink...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I kind of feel sorry for the girl. That guy was dumber than dumb if he didn't recognize her hint that she wanted him to take her to prom. This is the way girls have been indicating interest AT LEAST since my grandmother was a girl.

Obviously everything else was a reaction to her hurt feelings. (And keeping in mind this story was probably told to you by the guy that wasn't bright enough to catch such an obvious hint, I bet there was a bit more to the slapping story that your friend told you about, or perhaps was aware of.)

Tell your friend to back off until after the prom, and then to grow some testicles and ask her out (assuming he likes her).
    Last edited by vashti; 03-05-08 at 08:11 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think it's completely ridiculous to act like she did because a guy made an honest mistake. She threw a tantrum over nothing. She's easily offended, holds grudges, capricious, over reacts, self centered, insecure... how could any guy resist that
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

He is her crush and not her date or boyfriend. She can give tons of hints and even direct him to ask her to the prom, but he has no obligation to ask or accept. She reacted like that to a crush. How would she behave if they were a couple? Can you imagine all the years fussing and fighting because he was a poor mind reader? If my crush reacted that way because I was too slow to figure it out, I would count myself as lucky and run away from the psychopath. Really, he was fortunate to miss the opportunity.

I do understand that this behavior can be typical for an infatuation, especially of females. After all, a crush is how you perceive the person of your infatuation to behave with you. Once, you see their true personality you can be crushed (pun intended).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast