+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We broke up, remained friends, now Im dating and he hates me

We broke up, remained friends, now Im dating and he hates me

Hi,

I was with my boyfriend of 18 months when I broke up with him because he refused to give up contact with his ex girlfriends when I had asked him on numerous occasions. It was his deciet, lying and saving their numbers under other peoples names that 'broke the camels back'.

Since that time, we have remained very very close, however I have made emotional moves to get on with my life and go on dates with other people that are persuing me.
    As for my part, although I mentioned it to him on numerous occasions that it might be better if we were not so close, he always demanded that if we wernt together we still had to hang out because he couldnt live without me. in fairness I should have been stronger with this and not allowed him to play an active role in my life. We frequently discuss that we are broken up and should be moving on, but nothing had really come down the line just yet.

Until, a guy has asked me out, I agreed but wasnt really sure if I was going to pull through with it because I found the situation awkward. The ex found out however, and absolutely flipped out as if I were cheating on him in a normal relationship.

I feel awful that he had to find out this way, but at the same time, I was clear to him the whole way through that we were broken up. We were still kissing and cuddling when together but the sex had completely stopped because I didnt want to get into that again. And at the same time, if it wasnt for his infidelities and deciet in the first place - we wouldnt even be in this situation.
    Let it also be known that 4 weeks after we broke up, I was still upset about the relationship when he went out and hooked up with his ex gf infront of all of my friends and brought her home, publicly humiating me.

DOES ANYONE have any advice on this?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's hurt. Your continued contact made him think you were still connected to him in a special way. If you want him to accept that you are broken up, stop hanging out with him, kissing him, and showing him physical affection.
    Last edited by vashti; 20-10-09 at 03:07 AM.

Yeah, I have some advice. Break up with him, this time, for real. When you break up with someone, you don't remain "friends". That's just some bullshit you tell yourself to keep them on the back burner.
    Spammer Spanker

If you were still "kissing and cuddling", your actions spoke louder than your words. It seems to me he had every right to be pissed because you were clearly still together.

Break up for real and true, none of this broken up in a way that's convenient for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
    Break up for real and true, none of this broken up in a way that's convenient for you.
    Absolutely!!!

Agree with GB. Don't keep them on the back burner or try to spare feelings. When it's time to move on, it's time, honesty is the best policy. The let's be friends line is just a cop-out.