+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys. .how would you handle this?

nebulachic Guest

Guys. .how would you handle this?

You met a woman while you were separated. You told her you were falling in love/"I love you" around the 2nd month. As the months go on she keeps asking if you're really going to get divorced someday.

You finally start the proceedings. In the 5th month your g/f asks about your future and if when you talk about having a new life and partner if you ever imagine her in that way. You tell her "Yes I think about it. But I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about our relationship once I'm divorced".

She gets upset and threatens to break it off. She thought you were in love and working toward something real. You convince her to stay but as the months go by she is feeling very insecure and arguments and fights keep erupting.

How would you reconcile this? Or if you were to make a comment like that would you feel it is because you weren't taking her seriously ever/anymore anyway?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quite simply, that's not a situation I'd ever have to handle.

Done.

I think he made that comment out of honesty, it's probably just the way he felt at the time. I can imagine divorce is a pretty rocky road to take and it would be quite confusing and emotional at times, suddenly there is a lot of freedom, you know? Whatever will be, will be and you have to be prepared for many outcomes.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Didn't you already ask this question?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Honestly I think you are hoping he changes his ways. But news flash, he probably won't. Until you realize this, your gonna always be insecure and unhappy.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

The feelings are always like that

When you 1st start dating someone you almost always feel like there are the right one. But the truth is that its just something new for you. There fore you are excited again. You can wait to see him or hug him again. ya know. Stuff like that. But as they days go by, months and months come by as well. Which is when you truly get to know someone. Never date love of the 1st two months. Thats not long enough at all to ell if you love someone. Thats confusing love with excitement and happiness. Love is way more then that. Stronger and tighter then anything you could ever imagine. So what I think you did wrong was you thought you feel in love him at the start. But you didn't. Sorry but anyone who says "I love you" with in the 1st 2 months doesn't know the 1st thing about real love and also moves a little to fast in a relationship.