+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Finally Talked To This Girl In My Class

Finally Talked To This Girl In My Class

So I've been admiring this girl in my class for a few weeks now and today I finally started talking to her. She was walking by herself after class so I asked her if I could walk with her, once I did that I introduced myself and we began walking and talking. I found out what she wants to major in and where she lives and those kind of things, so once we get to her car I ask her if she'd like to go out sometime and she said that I should walk her to her car a few more times before we do that. Which is fine I understand where she is coming from but is this a sign that she doesn't like me or am I just over analyzing it too much? I appreciate it and I am open to any suggestions any of you might have. Thanks for the help

I wouldn't take it as a bad thing. You literally just started talking to her, she just wants to get a feel for you as a person before committing to going out on a date with you. Nothing wrong with that, its smart and safe of her. If she really found you heinous or replusive she could have told you she has a boyfriend/isn't looking for anything right now/is too busy to date/etc...
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Well, how long did the walk take? If it was very short, she might just want to get to know you...

listen to what she said and take it as an advice. just keep walking her to her car then next time ask her this:
    " i really want to get to know you more, i was wondering if i can take you out for lunch or do something?"

It was about a 5 min walk (big campus lol), I figure the next class we have together I would walk with her again but I don't know if I should ask her out again because it might make me seem pushy. I might not say anything and wait and see if she makes a move instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CLB90 View Post
    It was about a 5 min walk (big campus lol), I figure the next class we have together I would walk with her again but I don't know if I should ask her out again because it might make me seem pushy. I might not say anything and wait and see if she makes a move instead.
    Yeah, if she waits for you or something like that, that's a good sign

I'd wait a time or two more (of walking her) and try to see what she likes to do for fun. Do a little research, find something she'd enjoy and then casually mention, "I see your _______ band is playing this weekend" or "I know you like Japanese food, I found this great new restaurant, we should check it out." ... something to that effect. It will make it seem like you have been listening to what she likes and have done your research and she's not just a random POA you are after.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    I'd wait a time or two more (of walking her) and try to see what she likes to do for fun. Do a little research, find something she'd enjoy and then casually mention, "I see your _______ band is playing this weekend" or "I know you like Japanese food, I found this great new restaurant, we should check it out." ... something to that effect. It will make it seem like you have been listening to what she likes and have done your research and she's not just a random POA you are after.
    really?.. i would be afraid that would seem almost stalkerish lol..

I would say maybe if you could sit near her in class or maybe arrange a study/hmwrk session over coffee you could easily get some small talk and get to know her and make her comfortable with you.

Stop Over-analyzing. Sometimes, believe it or not, what a woman says is actually what she means.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TAVS View Post
    Stop Over-analyzing. Sometimes, believe it or not, what a woman says is actually what she means.
    Oh my god! It's TAVS! Hiya, cowboy! Long time no see... you must post an update thread.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

So we walked to her car again today and I was kinda nervous to begin with but she kinda waited for me after class was over so I knew that was a good sign. Once we got to her car I wanted to ask her out again because the weekend is coming up but I instead just told her "To have a great weekend and that I will see her on Tuesday". She smiled and "Ok bye, and thanks for walking with me". Now Im curious if it was a bad move to not ask her out, I mean I tried two days earlier and she said she wanted to get to know me better so I wasn't trying to force anything on her and I didn't want to look like a dumb ass haha.Thoughts?

ftm is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by CLB90 View Post
    So we walked to her car again today and I was kinda nervous to begin with but she kinda waited for me after class was over so I knew that was a good sign. Once we got to her car I wanted to ask her out again because the weekend is coming up but I instead just told her "To have a great weekend and that I will see her on Tuesday". She smiled and "Ok bye, and thanks for walking with me". Now Im curious if it was a bad move to not ask her out, I mean I tried two days earlier and she said she wanted to get to know me better so I wasn't trying to force anything on her and I didn't want to look like a dumb ass haha.Thoughts?
    Dude, if she's interested in you then you'll get another chance. The world's not going to end before Tuesday. If she's waiting for you to walk with her, then she must like you on some level. Walk with her again on Tuesday, then ask her out again.