+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamer gals

Gamer gals

I dont know if any of you fine ladies game, but another girl i tend to hang with has just revealed to me that shes a gamer something she says no one but the chosen few know of, Shes single and very very hot. Should i take a chance and ask her out? and maybe have one on one Counter Strike sessions after a few dates? if you catch my drift.

Uh ya if your a gamer as well. There are actually quiet a few female gamers out there. I believe the last stats showed that there was like 40% percent or so female gamers out there, nowadays your chances of finding one are pretty good.

um lol, go ahead what do you have to lose? if i met a girl around my school that actually played WoW id go out with her in an instant

King Zarathu Guest
    K, been there, done that, and here are things you'll want to look out for:

-Are you a gamer? If so, she might be a lot of fun to date. I mean, hey, she can go LAN at your house and you could throw some love in there, too.
    -Do you have a problem with losing? Personally, I've never met a female gamer that could beat me at anything, but I suppose it's possible because some guys are really bad.
    -What games does she play? Strategy? FPS? You might be able to grab some information from the type of games she plays.
    -How attached is she? I know I spend at least one hour per day practicing Quake for my tournaments, and if that means giving up time with a girlfriend I would probably practice anyway. I'm dedicated. Talk to her about that, find out what does/does not work for you.

Hope you found it useful....

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So many girls play WOW it's not even funny.

I don't consider WOW addicts gamers...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    K, been there, done that, and here are things you'll want to look out for:

-Are you a gamer? If so, she might be a lot of fun to date. I mean, hey, she can go LAN at your house and you could throw some love in there, too.
    Just how obvious is it the guys a gamer lol, you sounded like a prewritten response script right there.

King Zarathu Guest
    >.>

<.<

Me? Gaming? Never....

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Uh ya if your a gamer as well. There are actually quiet a few female gamers out there. I believe the last stats showed that there was like 40% percent or so female gamers out there, nowadays your chances of finding one are pretty good.
    No. The statistics are still much lower, especially in the United States. In Japan, the ratio is much much higher, but in the U.S. it is still a very small population of girls who play video games regularly.

Sure, there are broads who play A GAME on occasion, but the number of "gamers" who consistantly log in 3-5 times a week at least to play games are completely dominated by men.

In the business of making games, the number of women is even lower.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

do you think maybe that's because fewer games appeal to women?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    do you think maybe that's because fewer games appeal to women?
    Women tend to levitate towards games that are more simplistic in concept, puzzle games, such as Tetris, or word/number games.

Tetris sure is fun tho

King Zarathu Guest
    Tetris is for failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog View Post
    No. The statistics are still much lower, especially in the United States. In Japan, the ratio is much much higher, but in the U.S. it is still a very small population of girls who play video games regularly.

Sure, there are broads who play A GAME on occasion, but the number of "gamers" who consistantly log in 3-5 times a week at least to play games are completely dominated by men.

In the business of making games, the number of women is even lower.
    Uh I don't know where you get your stats from, but according to The ESA, for their 2006 study the total percent of female gamers is 38%, while online female gamers is at 42%. The most popular game is the board gaem along with puzzles, game show, trivia, and card making up 52% of the gaming market.And from Wikipedia it said from a ESA study in 2005 42% where female gamers.

So my 40% was not that fall off, unless you can show me other wise. I am not saying the numbers are accurate, but with the number of female clans out there, it doesn't look that way off. I agree about video game development tho, but that goes back to when men replaced females as programers and took over those jobs.

I would post links, but I don't have enought posts yet to post them.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    but with the number of female clans out there, it doesn't look that way off.
    Yeah, I'm sure there's about half as many female clans as there are male...

A ratio of about...2% to 98%.

But I agree!

They're catching up!

Uh I don't know where you get your stats from, but according to The ESA, for their 2006 study the total percent of female gamers is 38%, while online female gamers is at 42%.

blah blah blah a bunch of useless bullshit.
    The question wasn't raised about how many women out there actually know how to turn their computers on and play solitaire, or know what website has the best flash "TextTwist" games out there.

A "gamer" isn't a term used to describe someone who plays Monopoly every now and then either.

There is NOT 40%, 30%, or even 20% of ANY major online MMORPG community made up of women in the United States - (Other than MAYBE the Sims/Sims knockoffs, but only bitches and fags play that game anyhow)

There is NOT 40%, 30%, or even 20% of ANY FPS or online RTS games made up of women. (See above)

There is NOT 40%, 30%, 20%, or I would guess 10% of ANY Major sports title played regularly online by women.

These 3 markets alone field the majority of the gaming community in terms of numbers and people who play regularly, and go by the term "gamer". These markets have always and will always be dominated by men. Just because you might know a few broads out there who claim to be in a CounterStrike clan doesn't mean they play regularly, let alone call themselves "gamers".

Let me break it down for you in charts that the ESA is helping me with:

Are you starting to understand where the numbers are coming from? Do you realize yet WHY those numbers are padded so high in favor of women? Most women don't even know what the terms "FPS or RTS or MMORPG" mean in the first place. All of which, when played frequently, can earn you the title "gamer".

Not some dumb broad who knows how to navigate the many obstacles in her path to click the "Play Cards online!" button in her browser.

P.S.

Uh I don't know where you get your stats from, but blah blah
    My Bachelors degree in Video Game Art and Design, and a year and a half in industry experience so far, for starters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast