+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Here is a Gamer?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Who Here is a Gamer?

So I apparently get banned from a HUGE forum that's all about videogames (xbox primarily...after all it was [url]www.teamxbox.com[/url]) to a small forum that's all about people's troubled love lives and penis insecurities. I'm curious as to who here plays videogames, and not just occasionaly, but hardcore. Favorite games and consoles owned. Here, I'll go first: (I'll just list the console and favorites game(s))

Xbox: Halo 1, Bloodrayne 2, KOTOR (1 and 2), Beyond Good and Evil, Ninja Gaiden, Ghost Recon, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Project Gotham Racing

GC: Skies of Arcadia (originally on the DC), Metroid Prime

PC: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, Command and Conquer: Generals, Serious Sam

PS2: bah, I'm too good for the likes of that one

i am on my 3rd ps2, i pawned my first 2..but the only game ive played in the last 8months is san andreas, and its awesome. theres some game called fable for xbox that i would play if i had one though, it seems awesome from what ive heard
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

Yes I used to be a hardcore gamer but I've been too busy with school and work. But yeah... I love RPG's. My fav games prob MGS or FF7.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Halo II. That's it. One day I'll go back and FINALLY beat Chronotrigger on my snes emulator. And every now and then I play through streets of rage II on my genesis emulator. I don't know why, but I love that game!

Not too much of a gamer, but I have played my fair share. I only KEEP one or two around at a time. I sold all my xbox games aside from Halo II. Next purchase? Dead or Alive Ultimate (after beating and selling DOA3, I remembered how much I thought hardcore was better, and VOILA! It comes out on xbox).

Rod Steele

i love games, i worked for Namco for five years - best job ever.

fav games - ps2: San Andreas - does gaming get any better?, medal of honour (all its various forms), killzone, call of duty, tony hawks (all versions), burnout 3, need for speed 2

xbox: pro evolution soccer 4 (the beautiful game), halo 1 + 2, splinter cell (both)

pc: vice city, snes emulator, hitman 2, feeding frenzy, insane aquarium (i love fish!!)

arcade: tekken 5, street fighter (all its incarnations but caning sf3:third strike at mo), outrun 2, terminator 3 pinball

PC gamer here :-) You will find me on Far Cry forum.
    More about me on homepage

Halo 1 and 2, Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, Fable, tons of stuff.

Xbox Live: Metalhead6six6

"Don't let your memories kill you"
    I express my emotion by shooting things....

PC:

Far Cry
    Half-Life II
    Warcraft III
    Civilization III

The rest? I play a game called Defenestration with consoles.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Hahahaha, I'm a founder of a Games Society at Uni... I'm so sad.

X-Box
    Halo (soon Halo 2 when I can afford it)
    GTA3 & Vice City
    Dead or Alive 3
    Soul Calabur 2
    and a few others...

PC
    Call of Duty
    BattleField 1942
    Chrome
    and a tone of others...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by joe schmoe
    pc: vice city, snes emulator, hitman 2, feeding frenzy, insane aquarium (i love
    Dude, insaniquarium is one of the best games I have ever played.

Oh and Clifton, believe me Fable isn't all that great. Personally I think it's crap, a 20 hour RPG (not an exaggeration) is not worth anything more than 20 bucks.

100$ says i play it and enjoy it, i dont care how long it is

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha! You just want compensation for the crap-tacular game it is. Well you're not gettin' it from me.

eh? how is it the length of a game, makes it crap? odd....i always thought it was how fun it is when you play it, that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    eh? how is it the length of a game, makes it crap? odd....i always thought it was how fun it is when you play it, that matters.
    It's always about longitvity and story to me. If its got a good story and its lasts me a few days im happy.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Fable is like a one-night stand so to speak. There is very little reason to go back to the game once you beat it, and in terms of RPG's that's pathetic. Peter Molyneux completely messed up on this one, he even admitted it, it was delayed over and over not to add more to the game and polish it up, but to take things out of the game. They took out the ability to have babies, to kill children, play as a female, took out multiplayer content, they took out numerous quests, as well as scrapped the ability to choose multiple paths for each quest. Not only did they take out the path choosing (good/evil) feature, but they didn't tie up the loose ends. There's one mission where you're told you can do two different things, but in reality you can only perform the good action, I even lookd this up on-line. This game was supposed to be incredibly open ended, but it turned out to be extremely linear. If you don't mind payin' 50 bucks for a 20 hour game the by all means. My problem with it was that I was expecting Project Ego, but they gave us Fable. If you knew nothing of what the game was supposed to be than it's much easier to appreciate it for what it is now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast