+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No Contact Broken

No Contact Broken

Me and my ex broke up on the 6th of Feb. and have only been in contact a couple of times since then. Well last night I was on the phone with one of my friends (a girl) and we were talking about me and my ex. I was telling her exactly what has happened and asked her what she thought about it since she personally knew us both and knew our situation I thought it would be better for her input than someone who doesn't exactly know whats up. She thought it was good at what i've been doing but thought I should call her and see what's up. That is exactly what I did today. We talked for almost 2 hours. When we first got on we both were happy and just talked about school and family and stuff. Then I asked her if she had anything to say and she didn't. So I was like okay, i'll let you go and she is like 'why?'. I said I was busy but then she asked me if I had anything to say and really sounded interested. So I said there is tons of things that I want to say and I wanted to say Sunday when you were here, I just can't. But eventually we both really started talking about our relationship and what we have learned over our break up. I told her I really believe that breaking up has been the best thing for us no matter if we get back together someday or not. She told me she was sorry for things she did and we agreed that we had stopped being ourselves and tried being what the other wanted us to be in the later part of our relationship. We were happy the whole time and we talked about thinking about each other and about the email I had wrote her. Before we got off I asked her if she would read the email again (I don't think she got the last part becuase she didn't see it last time) and to read a poem I wrote her once called It's Not To Late, and she said she definently will. Then I said well the next time I talk to you I don't want you to be mean and say why are you calling and she said she is only like that when I start asking why when she said I already knew (which I do). I asked her if she wanted me to do anything and she said always keep our picture (we kept a big album together) and I said i'd always have them. Then I told her she better go before she late for her class and she laughed and said ok, then we got off. Need input on whether my decision was right?
    What Doesn't Kill Us Makes Us Stronger!

Although I disagree with you calling her and what your friend said about calling to see what's up, I think that it was good that you finally told her it was best for you both. You're starting to see and do things for yourself. I know it's hard to let go of these things, and unfortunately it will continue to be that way for a while. Whether or not your decision was right is not for any of us to decide. We can choose to agree or disagree and give you advice based on what we feel and how our situation is and how we're dealing with it. I still feel like she may be stringing you along, but if you're content with it, who are we to say otherwise.

I honestly think this point of the post was to get your closure and you did. All you can do is build from this. It's too late to say No Contact as that is not what you're doing, but if you choose to heal this way then so be it. I am here to offer advice and like I said before, it was hard to do No Contact and believe me, it still is, but it's getting easier as time goes by. It's been a month and I'm moving on. I understand now that moving on isn't to make your ex miss you, it's also to help you heal faster. If they miss you, then you will know one way or the other. Good luck anyway.

Cdoc