+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I stuff it up?

Did I stuff it up?

so i'm currently at uni first year, and there is this guy in my college who is a 3rd year student. anyways, i think he's cute and stuff. i asked about him a week or so ago and one of his friends told me he has a crush on someone else so i kept away for awhile, but i dont know if that got anywhere. but later, i talked to him for about an hour at a college bbq. then there was this thing where a group of us were at a club, i walked up to him and started talking to him, just casually. i then went to sit down and he followed, we actually talked for a few hours straight. i left to go to the bathroom a few times and he didn't leave when i got back. anyways, we were sitting really close to each other and stuff and at the end we ended up leaving together to get back to college. a group came back with us, but they walked ahead and he stayed behind and talked to me. but at the end of the night, he said 'well, i guess this is goodbye' [or something similar, you know that phrase] and i stupidly just said 'see you later' and walked back to my room. the next day we were at the food hall together and there was a group of people there already and we all sat together, but we didn't talk [we were sitting a bit too far away].

but we haven't talked since last night! and im a little disappointed because he was really good to talk to and stuff. did i screw it up by walking away last night or is there still a chance? if so, what do i do?

You should have asked him out silly. Or at least touched his arm and gave him a disappointed look and said "Awww is it goodnight already?" Ya got to give him very positive signals that you are interested. Flirt with him like if you catch him looking ar you wink at him and smile. Smiling is very important...to a guy that is an open door. Girl you have to work it if you want it.

BTW if a guy has a crush on someone that doesn't mean he is unavailable. You can sure change his mind if you put your mind to it.

Just try to talk to him again. Guys like a good chase it's good u didnt give it all up the first night. Maybe ask for his number the next time u talk

I guess that's what I'll have to do. But do you think I pushed him away or made it seem like I wasn't interested?

Yes, but you can make amends: show him your interest now.

How should I do it? We live in the same college but I only sometimes bump into him

Next time you bump into him, give him a big smile and ask him if he wants to grab a cup of coffee or something. You can even ask him if he wants to come with you to a concert or whatever.

I haven't run into him all week [there's a few people at college]. Do you think we could start something again next social event in a week?

Yes, just talk to him the next time you see him.

Try contacting him on FB then.